Go Back   Home > Forums > > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Siliconray Online Electronics Store Amplifier boards, HiFi components, tubes and all kinds of electronics for the DIYer from Siliconray

★★ Free PCB for JLH 2005 Class-A Amplifier
★★ Free PCB for JLH 2005 Class-A Amplifier
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 27th December 2017, 01:11 PM   #311
Puffin is offline Puffin  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

I built one of these amps using the Siliconray boards some years ago which hasn't been used. I recently ran it for a few days and had problems with the L channel blowing the pcb fuse. Having checked it over it seems that I can't now get the dc offset down and my light bulb tester is glowing brightly when the L channel only is connected (dual mono double psu design)

I Built the board using TIP3055 transistors. My electronics knowledge has increased a little since I built that amp and I have a few questions I wonder if anyone can answer.

I used the TIP 3055's in both positions on the board, but now wonder whether they should both be the same or whether one of them should have been a P channel 2955. I am probably going to replace all the output transistors on both boards and wondered which ones would be favourite for the board's interpretation of the JLH amp.

★★ Free PCB for JLH 2005 Class-A AmplifierHide this!Advertise here!