• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

★★ Free PCB for JLH 2005 Class-A Amplifier

silicone ray website socket error when regestering

hi boyz,

tried to register with silicone ray but get socket error, this was also noted in previous posts as far back as june.:eek:..(@@#$%%%) insert appropriate phrase here!....(he will go broke at this rate)
any suggestions how to get round this..assuming one can??

cheers
johnny

STILL NO JOY LOGGING ON...cant order!

Dear Mr. Siliconeray,

Can you advise how to get around the socket error issue when attempting to log on as this is preventing me from entering your site? (i am actully after 2 ripple eater/cap mutplyer PCBS but will aslo order some components) how ever no log on no order...what to do? ...anyone??.....it should never be this difficult, you should really look at this.... seriously... and fix it once and for all!- it has to be costing you money?:smash:

Ta
Johnny

who knows?

hi, e_fortier

.....well as i have the free amp pcb and have started to populate it , i really would like to try the ripple eater, no disrespect intended BUT.. this should be so easy to do..... i dont understand this discconnect traders from some parts have with there coustomers (potental or otherwise)...it seem OK just to ingnore people..just plain bl@@@y rude to my sensative western sensativitys!!!...but than again I was born in Bristol-- so what do i know??

Any one else know of a supply of JLH ripple eater PCBS...I am fed up with trying with this vendor!!...a real pity really...but indefrence breed indefrence dont it! .

johnny :(

thanks guys

hi all,

Thanks Andrew, if its the mod (for Silicone rays PCB) that requires a wire link , I think I got a later version with the bug ironed out?, but I will double check IF the wire link is still required, always a good idea to double check, thanks for that sir.

Hi again e_fortier, the PCB for the amp is Silicone rays free offering, as is the ripple eater PCB (I am having no luck in obtaining)

SO....has any one any luck in obtaining the Ripple eater PCB...AND can you tell me how you did it?:D

thanks gents

johnny

hi all,

Thanks Andrew, if its the mod (for Silicone rays PCB) that requires a wire link , I think I got a later version with the bug ironed out?, but I will double check IF the wire link is still required, always a good idea to double check, thanks for that sir.

Hi again e_fortier, the PCB for the amp is Silicone rays free offering, as is the ripple eater PCB (I am having no luck in obtaining)

SO....has any one any luck in obtaining the Ripple eater PCB...AND can you tell me how you did it?:D

thanks gents

johnny

This might be a good starting point, good background reading about the development of this excellent little amp;

The Class-A Amplifier Site

If you want to short cut to the cap multiplier try here;

The Class-A Amplifier Site - The Capacitance Multiplier

Here's the Rod Elliot cap multiplier article referenced in the previous link;

Capacitance Multiplier Power Supply Filter

Unfortunately though, there don't appear to be PCBs offered for sale.

But, this might be a possibility;

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/powe...lified-mrevil-pmi-capacitance-multiplier.html

Other than that I'm sure there will be other sources that might reveal a useful PCB/module, try searching the power supplies section here or use google.

BTW. I bought both the amp and cap multiplier PCBs from SiliconRay about a year ago; the build is on my to-do list. I also built the JLH headphone amp recently, which sounds very nice, but SiliconRay has been just as unresponsive to my posts on that topic. I'm beginning to suspect he doesn't come here any more.

Ray

Ray

Ray

Hi,
Waiting for my PCBs. In the meantime I will measure some transistors for hFE.
In 1996-1997,as a student, I built this JLH design from Wireless World ! Long time ago��
Now with some improvements in the 2005 version.
Nice Forum here. I will be back here later with pictures and reports.

Siliconray,

I purchased the complete version of the JLH 2005 amp offered around March 2012 through your website. I have green boards, but no other markings as to version. I haven't read this entire thread yet, but was wondering what, if any significant PCB changes were made on the PCBs included in the kit I bought and the more recent, or current offering. Can the kit I bought be built as is, or should I read the thread and note any changes discussed that my board may not have?

Thanks,
Rick

I just received these PCBs

Hi,
I just received my PCBs.
Picture attached. I am not clear what type I have regarding PCBs.

First I was a bit pussled over some component values.
After some thoughts it is now clear.
There are some options around on internet for this JLH design.

First I deceided to keep the C3 (220uF) in the feedback loop.

If you keep it then:
a) I replaced VR3 with a fixed metalfilm resistor , 7,5 kohm. making it 9,7 kohm togethter with the 2,2 kohm. (You can also keep VR3).
b) VR1 now must have a different value. A 2 kohm trimpot.
I myself already had a Bourns 10 turn 2 kohm trimpot, so I use that.
VR1 is used for setting the DC voltage at the output terminals to, as close as possible tol 0 V. In practice some mV. This must be done without speakers connected.

VR2 is used for setting the current. I will experiment a bit here, but about 1,5 A.

Please let us now how it goes.

/Chris

Attachments

• IMG_0696.JPG
    IMG_0696.JPG
    130.1 KB · Views: 388
  • jlh-2005-ver2.gif
    jlh-2005-ver2.gif
    23.8 KB · Views: 400