• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

6p3p tube amplifier kit

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello all

Our partner developed a high quality low cost 6P3P SE kit for DIYers,

Features and spec:
5Z4P tube rectifier
6N1 preamplifier
6P3P power amplifier
Output Power 7Wx2
Load: 4Ohm or 8Ohm
Silkscreen stainless steel + wood enclosure

Part List
[FONT=&#23435]Power supply transformer 260v*2 6.3v 5v 3.15v*2[/FONT]
[FONT=&#23435]Output transformer 3.5k: 4 8 *2[/FONT]
Power supply choke coil 5H*1
[FONT=&#23435]Enclosure *1[/FONT]
Enclosure foot *4
RCA connector for input *2
Output connector *6
Power jack *1
Power cable *1
[FONT=&#23435]Power switch *1[/FONT]
[FONT=&#23435]Potentiometer 100K*1[/FONT]
Voice knob *1
Shuguang 5z4p new in stock *1
Shuguang 6n1 new in stock *1
Shuguang 6p3p new in stock *2
[FONT=&#23435]8Pin tube socket *3[/FONT]
[FONT=&#23435]9pin tube socket *1[/FONT]
47uf/400v *1
330uf/450v *1
22uf/400v *1
470uf/50v *2
0.22uf/160 *2
1k *2
47k *2
330 *2
470k *2
22k *1
220k *1
Shielded cable 30cm
Cannula 15cm
Soldering cable 3m
3mm 4mm screw 16set each
Schematic 1
Instruction Manual 1

The link:
6P3P Single Ended Tube Amplifier Kit

110V and 220V are both available

Photos:
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Price: $136 for retail. PM for multiple orders or group buy. Package weight about 9-10kg, the more the order, the lower average shipping cost.

Last edited:
Schematic

Assembly instruction:
1. Assemble valve socket, audio input socket, audio output socket, power socket and power switch.
2. Install power transformer and output transformer.
3. Check assorted resistor and capacitor .Test whether audio input socket, audio output socket, power socket, power switch, power transformer and output transformer are shorted with chassis.
4. Connect valve filament line of power transformer and output transformer with relevant sockets.
5. Install resistor and capacitor of power-amplifier after installation of resistor and capacitor of preamplifier.
6. After soldering, check whether each solder point and connection of circuit is the same with graphic expression in electrical schematic diagram.
7. Test whether the voltage of power output and valve filament is right. (It is normal that no-load voltage is higher.)
8. Plug in rectifying tube, and then check whether power is the same with graphic expression in electrical schematic diagram. (It is normal that no-load voltage is higher.)
9. Check whether complete machine connects with valve socket. (It is normal that no-load voltage is higher.)
10. Plug in power amplifier when voltage of valve filament is right. Check whether cathode voltage is the same with graphic expression in electrical schematic diagram.
11. Then plug in preamplifier valve, and test whether working point is familiar with graphic expression in electrical schematic diagram. If it is ok, signal can be inputted to test the sound.

Marks of transformer

The power transformer are marked with Chinese. Here's a picture that marked with color dot for the cables, for your reference.

Attachments

• mark.jpg
    mark.jpg
    130.4 KB · Views: 2,002
Very important notice

I discussed with a Denmark customer all night long about his 6P3P kit. He finished soldering the kit but the speaker is crazy shouting. At first I told him to check all the connections, groundings and values of components. He worked for a few hours and sure that everything is OK, but the amp is still shouting.

Finally I realized that the problem may be caused by the feedback loop. Maybe he wiring the wrong polarize of the transformer. I asked him about the polarise of the output transformer, he seems to be very surprising: "Does that important?" OK, you can imagine what happens next. Now his amp is working perfect.

Well, the polarize of the output transformer does matter, or the negative feedback will become positive and the speaker will shouting.

There're marks on the transformer which marked with P, B, 0, 4Ω, 8Ω, and the color are red, blue, black, yellow, green. P must be connected to plate of 6P3P, B connected to power supply, 0 connected to ground, 8Ω to feedback resistors. Please take special care when you are building your amps.

Hi,

I recently finished this amplifier and it sounds good. Slight to no hum and it glows beautifully. I have ordered some ECC85 valves to replace the 6n1 valve. I hope this will be an improvement.

What modifications should I do to make it work with KT66 valves? Is this an easy job or does it require a completly different design?

Thanks...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.