• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

6p3p tube amplifier kit

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I would not do that. Inductor input filters are only good with circuits that draw a small fixed amount of current (not power amplifiers). It will exhibit poor filtering performance as soon as you draw more current.

By the way, my secondary winding is also marked 300 volts. Adding another RC element to the power supply seems like the best bet followed by changing to a rectifier that drops a few more volts.

What rectifier did yours come with? Is it a 5Z4P?

I got also a 5Z4P. I have an old Siemens GZ34 on the bench, but voltage drop is lower than the 5Z4P,so it is not a solution. I will probably try the RC filter approach.

In the meanwhile something got wrong, the sound became too low and distorted. Not sure why, but I had a nasty noise under the wood after installing the ground resistors in the 6P3P tubes heaters. Nothing seems burned, took out the resistors and everything was fine. Now it started to distort. Any clues of what happened?

Last edited:
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.