Quadratic/Skyline diffuser questions.

I'm making 42 of these and there are 9 slightly different sizes to fit in between ceiling trusses. Made from solid Birch - For piano practice room.. Bit of a learning curve with fit and finish.
Those look pretty damn good aesthetically, something like that is kinda what my buddy was looking for, except in walnut.

He's now toying with the idea of gutting his whole room and starting over. Keep the drop ceiling and replacing the thin tiles he's got with 2" thick absorption tiles, and building out false walls with the appropriate mixture of absorption and diffusion.

Any information on the design, what frequencies are they optimized for, are they a prime based QRD? I've been trying to read up on diffusion and room treatment and it's a lot to take in.

Joined 2003
Paid Member
Those look pretty damn good aesthetically, something like that is kinda what my buddy was looking for, except in walnut.

He's now toying with the idea of gutting his whole room and starting over. Keep the drop ceiling and replacing the thin tiles he's got with 2" thick absorption tiles, and building out false walls with the appropriate mixture of absorption and diffusion.

Any information on the design, what frequencies are they optimized for, are they a prime based QRD? I've been trying to read up on diffusion and room treatment and it's a lot to take in.

Walnut was a consideration. More costly but would be very attractive.

In my stereo room, I'm thinking about building new walls in front of the existing walls to accommodate treatments.

The piano rooms ceiling perimeter has absorption covered with fabric. There's a skylight, the remaining space holds 42 diffusers.. I used the calculator here Calculate Quadratic Residue Diffusor ( given size )
Made small adjustments to the number of wells for different size boxes and maintained a consistent aesthetic

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    450.1 KB · Views: 106
  • Diffuser Sequence.PNG
    Diffuser Sequence.PNG
    28.6 KB · Views: 105