Go Back   Home > Forums > >

Room Acoustics & Mods A place to discuss measuring and modifying room Acoustics for better sound

DIY Acoustic wood absorber
DIY Acoustic wood absorber
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 20th February 2021, 04:06 PM   #11
shrubs is online now shrubs
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adhoc1 View Post
I came across a link on a Swedish forum from poster Grahnbarr which should be of interest: https://users.aalto.fi/~ktlokki/Publs/p62_2018.pdf

In short; lesser open area percentage will mean more reflection of mids and treble (usually = positive) while at the same time increase of low frequency absorbtion (usually = positive). Decreased open area has more significance than insulation behind slats, within "reasonable thicknesses". Note: Going on the pictures from the test measurements, these are from a closed boxed filled with absorbtion and with slats on top. Personally, I would go for open area lower than 18%, around 5-10% or so, to avoid too much absorbtion of lower mids and above.
Very useful. After doing and continuing to do extensive acoustic treatment research while building three or four types currently. I never came across those pages. There are 1001 great looking designs out there, but dimensions for many are illusive.

For instance some of the dual purpose diffusion /absorption and 90 degree bass traps at gika are a cinch to build. If I could only get precise spec paper to work from

I'm familiar with the calculators but I don't posses mics or sound analyzing equipment for testing. Already tried and tested / proven would offer some peace of mind.
  Reply to this post

DIY Acoustic wood absorberHide this!Advertise here!