Go Back   Home > Forums > >

Room Acoustics & Mods A place to discuss measuring and modifying room Acoustics for better sound

Stereo enhancements
Stereo enhancements
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 21st January 2021, 05:29 PM   #1
zallou3 is offline zallou3
diyAudio Member

Default Stereo enhancements

I've recently discovered that the late Mr Siegfried linkwitz talks about stereo surround sound Surround stereo system

Basically adding a decorrelated delayed signal to the original untouched stereo playback, I've tried it using an old denon receiver using the Prologic IIX to extract the ambiance and delayed it 20 ms, the speakers used for the purpose starts rolling off around 1 khz , to avoid localization cues and they're omnidirectional in the horizontal plane, the result is excellent, once the correct volume is found, i'm noticing substantial improvements, the soundstage is wider when called for, more spacious and the sense of envelopment is increased.

I've been reading about Watson WATSON-Stereo_Expansion_Loudspeakers
again something Mr Linkwitz talked about and wondering if i can add it to my existing system, i'll have to get a few missing pieces so it s not so easy to just try it.
would the ambience interact negatively with the watsons?
what do you guys think?
Old 21st January 2021, 08:02 PM   #2
graaf is offline graaf  Poland
diyAudio Member

I think You should experiment and report

Stereo enhancementsHide this!Advertise here!