Fungus sound absorbers?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
So if this fungus is self propagating, what do you load the printer with?

I wonder whether this turns out to be durable with time and humidity.

It looks like they mix straw, wood, "food waste" and fungal fibers into the printer. Once printed, the fungus grows throughout the... (matrix?) to solidify it. Then, it's kiln-dried to kill the fungus.

I share your concern, especially with humidity. Seems like it would readily absorb moisture from the air and help other tiny organisms propagate when trapped in the porous structure.

Still, it's pretty neat.

Their description of long-stranded hyphae and open cell walls sounds pretty porous. I guess if it's open enough, moisture will get out as easily as it gets in.

Perhaps it's prejudice, the phrase "straw, wood and waste from food production" just sounds like something that would tend to stay moist. It's curious, I'd like to see it.

Hi pano. Similar concept as moss painting. Take moss and yogourt and put in the blender, then paint it on whatever substrate you desire.. BOOM!! moss wall! LoL
*moss likes natural granite type stone best, even though slightly radioactive.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.