Idea for portable panels

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello fellow Audio Diy-ers,

I want to install some acoustic panels that can be easily removed, so I started thinking about how to build some standing acoustic panels that can be easily moved around

Basically my idea is to buy some 36"x80" bi-foldable doors (possibily used to save some $$) and glue 2" acoustic cotton on them and then wrap them in acoustic fabric.

In this way, if I keep the foldable panels not fully opened they would be able to stand without hanging them to the walls and I can move them around to find the best placement.

Has anyone tried a similar solution before? ..or is there any reason why this could be a bad idea?
Thanks everyone in advance for your suggestions/ideas

Last edited:
It would work just fine. Sound control in large and high rooms often is applied by hanging acoustic absorbing baffles from the ceiling. Just as room dividers in offices often are made of absorbing materials. The advantage is such solutions really work broadband, as opposed to thin sheets on walls.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.