question about scatter plates with holes

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
@djn: It can be wise to first get a grip of what is actually needed and not in your room (measuring) before you drill the holes. Using smaller holes = decreased open area will increase absorbtion towards lower frequencies and increase reflection = a more live room. Decreasing open area isn't possible if you have already drilled the holes ... Drilling 1 particular hole may be enjoyable for two, drilling a thousand is a bore for one. ;)

Also, I have the visqueen only on the lower super chunk and I will stack the 4 piec3es of wood to drill so I'll have enough plates to cover all 4 chunks.

Ok, finally back on this project. I set up the projector last night and marked were all the holes go. Now have to drill them out. I'll let you'al know how it sounds when I measure before and after.

When blown up to this size the holes measure one inch exactly.

Attachments

• 20210204_151636.jpg
    20210204_151636.jpg
    785 KB · Views: 156
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.