Troublesome wall echo

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Yeah, I've been using "canvas art" like that to help with side reflections for quite a while. They're as effective as that silly foam stuff, usually cheaper, and a whole lot better looking.

Yours is amazing...

Both Amazon and Wayfair have large selections at very reasonable prices.

The one below hangs over the love seat in my listening area...

Attachments

• Sunset.jpg
    Sunset.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 109
Last edited:
Yeah, I've been using "canvas art" like that to help with side reflections for quite a while. They're as effective as that silly foam stuff, usually cheaper, and a whole lot better looking.

Yours is amazing...

Both Amazon and Wayfair have large selections at very reasonable prices.

The one below hangs over the love seat in my listening area...

Thanks Douglas, yes I did look at the commercial stuff but we have 4.5 meter stud height and freight would have killed it, so I figured, If I have to make the frames I'll make the art too... yours looks great .. mine move around a bit when the wife isn't home and I have the db knob all to myself...:)

If I have to make the frames I'll make the art too...

You could have a real opportunity there, you know...
"Sound treatments that are not ugly"

Lets face it, most sound treatments are UGLY.

Before this virus thing killed my part time business, I was recommending these things for side walls and rear walls to help with reflections and echos. People were really glad to hear they could have decent sound and a great looking room too.

My friends/clients are shopping for one to hang on that nasty wall, above their TV set. I currently have a world map above mine, but I'm still looking for something more in tone with my sunset. I'm eyeballing a large "tree in the desert" in black and white, but I gotta watch the budget right now.

mine move around a bit when the wife isn't home and I have the db knob all to myself...:)

(Sigh) A privilege I do not have, since I have neighbours to consider. If I get carried away I usually end up with a phone call from the super who just loves to crab at me about it.

Last edited:
Douglas, here's the one on the opposing wall, that wall is rendered block and was a bit of a problem , the problem still exists but is dramatically reduced..

Nice!

Reduced, I would guess by the surface area covered with canvas.

You will always have some echo between parallel walls, it's basic physics. The goal is to get it down to bearable limits.

To give you a hint how bad that wall at my friend's place was... they would be over by the balcony door (far corner of the room) talking and someone in the living room would look at the kitchen wall thinking they were over there. Yikes

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.