Pressed wood pallets as diffusers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
diyAudio Member
Joined 2007
Just wondering if anybody has measured these when used as wall and/or ceiling panels?
I am about to start on the new Man-Cave [ slab gets poured in a week] and as this is a steel kit built shed it will need some extra treatment to keep the noise inside and so I can play around with speakers with-out ruining my hearing more than it is already.
I do intend to line this shed with OSB or plywood with some fibre insulation in the walls and RFL/Foam on the ceiling and I would be putting the pallets over the RFL layer. Another thought has occurred to me.
Has anybody tried using old woollen blankets stuffed with fibreglass or Rockwool as absorbers? I have some Rockwool left over from the house but not enough to line a big shed with. Seriously budget limited for finishing the shed because we made it bigger than originally planned. When finished the shed will be 4800 * 7500mm external, 150mm "C" section steel framing and 3600mm walls, so a reasonable volume to enclose

I’ve used thick carpet with the foam pad integrated onto it, attached at the top of the bays using a strip of wood with screws. Another piece of wood at the bottom attached only to the carpet. This was in interior standard walls.

Best would be to have a separate framed wall that has no contact with the outside wall.

diyAudio Member
Joined 2007
I am doing a third of the shed with separate framing but that is the limit of my bedget there, and only doing that so I can get some secure storage plus a mezzanine level to put excess stuff and camping gear; I have a lot of camping gear.
Nice idea about the carpet I may be able to cut offcuts cheap

diyAudio Member
Joined 2007
I have just received a quote for new PWP's
Minimum order of 5 @$110- plus $80- delivery
I would need at least a dozen of these, I'm now trying to cost out the difference between using these and ply plus stud timber as panels but I think even at $22- each the pallets are a little cheaper as I think I can can glue and screw directly to the steel framing via battens

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.