Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Room Acoustics & Mods A place to discuss measuring and modifying room Acoustics for better sound

Toole says a lot of room EQ is stupid
Toole says a lot of room EQ is stupid
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 11th April 2020, 05:57 AM   #71
digitalthor is offline digitalthor  Denmark
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Dave View Post
My only point is that much of this stuff has been known for a LONG time, yet, it seems that some people are just now learning about it.

(Edit): Do not take my comments as a criticism of Dr. Floyd Toole. He is a knowledgeable professional.
Same could actually also be said about money, food, health, exercise, sex, happiness... etc. As Toole also pointed out - we as humans are often fickle
I tried many times to teach others about things that I new - and believe me, it went the other way too Some are just better teachers than others and have better voices and choices of words.
Try and read some of the threads where Geddes tries to explain about multiple subs and acoustics. Here you will see that people are still fighting to grasp many basic principles.
Old 29th June 2020, 09:25 PM   #72
ASCTim is offline ASCTim  United States
diyAudio Member

Default Blumlein style array?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbintip View Post
My theory is formed on the basis, of the physics of sound propagation in gasses as a medium.
A closed box speaker can never reveal the true full sinus. Dipole can, but the other half of the sinus relies on reflection and is therfore delayed and distorted.
But when superimposing closed box speakers, all information in the recording is presented to the carrier medium and listener directly.

I've succesfully put my idea to practice.
The speakers form a superimposed Blumlein style array.
Simple to try. You need an amp, 4 speakers and a stereo source.
Try it. Why not.
Can you elaborate more on how you superimpose your 4 speakers in a Blumlein style array? Maybe some pictures? I've got 4 identical speakers and an amp to run them all ready to try it.

Toole says a lot of room EQ is stupidHide this!Advertise here!