Optimal speaker placement in un-conventional layout

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi

Wondering about optimal rear speaker placement for my lounge which I'm redesigning. I will either do 5.1 or 5.1.4 layout. See attached photos. The TV can swing off the wall to be more centered if watching a movie late at night. I was thinking of putting inwall speakers for the fronts with integrated tweeter in the center, the wall cavities are 90mm deep. For the rears depending on placement I will use a similar in wall speaker or I will use something like the kef eggs (which I already have lying around).

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Q: Should the rear right speaker be blue or yellow (or ceiling directly above).

If I wall mount the RR speaker inside the wall behind me it's a bit of a squeeze under the window, and is slightly below my ear height (and quite close), but I could always just use an egg speaker instead. If I mount to the right of me, then it's easier to have it inside the wall. The other option is to mount on ceiling directly above me.

Q: Should the rear left speaker be orange or green (or ceiling directly above).

For the rear left speaker I can mount on the side quite far away, however delay can be improved by using the room correction on the amp. Otherwise I can mount on the wall directly behind the couch, either inwall or as an egg on a bracket.

Also, I'm undecided about subwoofers, I have 4x 15" drivers that I was gonna do 2x dual opposed sealed boxes in the ceiling, but I'm not sure if I'm still going that route.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.