Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Room Acoustics & Mods A place to discuss measuring and modifying room Acoustics for better sound

Room Volume and Bass Speaker Size
Room Volume and Bass Speaker Size
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 15th January 2019, 11:48 AM   #11
Veeren is offline Veeren  Portugal
diyAudio Member

Default Room Volume and Bass Speaker Size

Yes scottjoplin it is near the backwall.

No bicicletta, not open baffle the idea was to use the 2 front corner walls as part of a closed box of about 80 litres so I would only need the front baffle and the top to make a cabinet.

Thanks!
Regards, Veeren
Old 15th January 2019, 12:34 PM   #12
scottjoplin is offline scottjoplin  Wales
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veeren View Post
Yes scottjoplin it is near the backwall.
Where the sound wave isn't moving, i.e. near a wall, pressure can build up, this is probably what you are feeling, try moving your listening position away from the wall.
Old 15th January 2019, 12:45 PM   #13
Vix is offline Vix  Yugoslavia
diyAudio Member

From my experience, the unfortunate circumstance is that there's not much place to move in a small room, i.e. listening position can be "stuck" near a wall and one have to live with it. Now, some speakars can sound better in such occasions, some worse. Now I am using an OB (but they too need a fair distance from the wall). I have another set od Diy Omni speakes which proved to sound good in such small rooms....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG4891-1280x720.jpg (126.1 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0948-1024x1820.jpg (359.1 KB, 16 views)

Last edited by Vix; 15th January 2019 at 12:47 PM.
Old 16th January 2019, 12:04 PM   #14
Bicicletta is offline Bicicletta
diyAudio Member

It is good that those 80l are sealed, so, IMO, it is more convenient to build a 6-wall box.
I like the Vix's solution.

Room Volume and Bass Speaker SizeHide this!Advertise here!