Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Room Acoustics & Mods A place to discuss measuring and modifying room Acoustics for better sound

How to measure loudspeaker power response?
How to measure loudspeaker power response?
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 4th December 2018, 11:43 AM   #1
celef is offline celef
diyAudio Member

Default How to measure loudspeaker power response?

How do i do that at home in a small and reverberant room? Not excessively reverberant though but still small!
Old 5th December 2018, 10:43 AM   #2
Bicicletta is offline Bicicletta
diyAudio Member

Who knows?

I can think that this requires the integration of a set of local sound pressure measurements. But I do not know how.

The software I use (Boxsim), estimates the acoustic power output. If the frequency response measurements match the predictions, at different angles, I infer that the software prediction about the acoustic power is correct.
I can not do more.

But in your case probably the acoustics of the room dominates the speakers characteristics. REW is a useful software for room acoustics.

How to measure loudspeaker power response?Hide this!Advertise here!