Ceiling boundary corners - Geometrical shape and carton traps

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello all! :)

I can use some very strong carton to fold and use in different projects.
Thisfar I have folded Greek column style basstrap cover protos to hide massive rockwool tubes in my listening garage. Column/pillar has 16 folds and overall circumference was about 1,15 meters. They are about 2 meters tall. It is very easy and fast to crease folds with long liner. I prefer that surface is not so absorptive concerning high and mid frequencies to avoid too dull/dead sounding room. Planning to paint them later. Hope that they wont sing with cartonish tone" :eek:

Now Im thinking if I make those pillars much shorter and put some triangular shaped corner traps above them. Does anyone know what is correct term /math to shape im looking for? Need to make creasing template.

See attachment which shows similar shaped lighting.

Attachments

• 20181128_181003.jpg
    20181128_181003.jpg
    279.6 KB · Views: 181
  • Corner-Lamp-Established-and-Sons-Peter-Bristol-Main-600x716.jpg
    Corner-Lamp-Established-and-Sons-Peter-Bristol-Main-600x716.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 146
Joined 2004
Paid Member
In the 90s I read somewhere to put triangular sheets of foam plastic in the corners of the room to reduce so called flutter echoes.
I tried it and it worked but I did not make any measurements (when I clapped my hands the echo was noticeable reduced).
I used leftover foam plastic from a packaging and glue, ~10*10*10cm

Regards, Boris

In the 90s I read somewhere to put triangular sheets of foam plastic in the corners of the room to reduce so called flutter echoes.
I tried it and it worked but I did not make any measurements (when I clapped my hands the echo was noticeable reduced).
I used leftover foam plastic from a packaging and glue, ~10*10*10cm

Regards, Boris

Encouraging!
I think Ill stuff them with glasswool or dried peat so there would be some mass.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.