Bass problem

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2009
Paid Member
Hey guys I have a bass problem with my room, attached ARTA FR plot. I have in mind to use Limp Mass Bass Absorbers but I don't know how to tune and place at the room. I got this calculator but I don't know hot to use it: attached soft.

TIA
Felipe

Attachments

• LAST XOVER 13.04.2017.png
    LAST XOVER 13.04.2017.png
    50.6 KB · Views: 491
  • limpmasscalc.zip
    2.5 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
I'm no genius on this, but I do know that the more info you can give, the better.

I suggest you add a photo of your room, room dimensions, details of your gear, and a few more FR plots. If that bass hump only exists at one location, it might not be a big problem.

...and maybe your problem could be fixed some entirely different way. e.g. instead of:

$2000 - existing subwoofer
$1000 - bass traps

you might be better off with:

$2000 - existing subwoofer (moved to new location)
$500 - 2nd subwoofer (nearfield)
$500 - 3rd subwoofer (corner)

Joined 2009
Paid Member
FR plot is at my listening position. Room is 5m x 6.5m aprox. and near 3m high.

No subwoofer here: Xover to filter woofer SB 23NRSX45-8

DIY 3 way loudspeaker
26 DHT preamp attached schematic
75W RMS class A Erno Borbely mono amps SS
Linn Sondek LP12 + Linn Ekos Tonearm + Shure V15 III
Valve Itch MM phono preamp attached schematic

Attachments

• Mi #26 LL1660 Alt S.png
    Mi #26 LL1660 Alt S.png
    45.7 KB · Views: 492
  • Valve Itch Rev 1.2 FELIPE more bass.png
    Valve Itch Rev 1.2 FELIPE more bass.png
    36.6 KB · Views: 473
When I look at the last measurement I would change nothing.
If you take more low frequentie out the room your speakers wil sound thin.
I would make some damping panels on the reflection points ceiling and wall with about 5cm thick damping material.
Then your mid and top goes down.
And if it damps the topend to much you can put a thin layer of plastic on top of the damping material

Rob

Hi, not sure how I missed this thread.
My room is 3.3x3.4x2.5m and as you can imagine room modes 50-80 hz are but WERE a real problem.
Yes a 1msq of limp 10kg mlv behind each speaker took out 90% of the problem. I have nothing behind them but about 120mm air gap. I do have a 1200x450x60mm rockwool slab at the first reflection point which helps too

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.