Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Room Acoustics & Mods A place to discuss measuring and modifying room Acoustics for better sound

Horrible 110 Hz problem in my living room
Horrible 110 Hz problem in my living room
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 16th November 2018, 11:24 AM   #11
andreaemme is offline andreaemme  Italy
diyAudio Member

Oh, I couldn't easily change source location because it's my (and my wife's and son's..) living room and I wouldn't use subs, just a cheap and easy diy way to improve sound performance of my little system.
What do you think about down-firing reflex vents respect classic front-firing solutions? Could it reinforce low bass output?
Old 16th November 2018, 11:38 AM   #12
AllenB is offline AllenB  Australia
diyAudio Member

No, I mean the port is a source and moving it changes its entry point into the room. Unless you accidentally change the tuning frequency, then you are changing the room interaction.
Old 16th November 2018, 11:53 AM   #13
diyAudio Member

Ok excuse me.. but from this point of view, since my "quite solved" 110 Hz problem came from woofer position and I won't change it so my problem will remain "quite solved", what will I expect for the lowest region of bass making this change to port position? My loudpseakers aren't diy and before to cut a hole in the bottom panel I would like to be a bit sure of the result.
Old 16th November 2018, 12:23 PM   #14
chris661 is offline chris661  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Changing the port location won't help, unless the port is tuned at (or close to) 110Hz.

My recommendation would be a line-level EQ to cut down the peak.

Chris
Old 16th November 2018, 02:44 PM   #15
diyAudio Member

No..we can consider 110 Hz problem as solved thanks to this thread. In effect I began a new thread in the thread asking if moving reflex port on the bottom of the cabinet near the floor from the front position (50 cm far from the floor) can reinforce very low bass response as I desire.
My loudspeakers are made to stay near a wall and instead are constrained to stay about in the center of the room, for this actually very low bass response is quite weak and I'm looking for a simple solution for this second problem. Thanks!
Old 16th November 2018, 03:24 PM   #16
scottjoplin is offline scottjoplin  Wales
diyAudio Member

It could be then that they have no baffle step compensation. A simple solution may be line level equalisation as described here Baffle Step Compensation
Old 16th November 2018, 05:09 PM   #17
diyAudio Member

I don't think, my loudspeakers is made by a great manufacturer and their own typology (2 1/2 way with 1 mid-woofer and 1 woofer working in the same cab) suggests that woofer is used just for baffle step compensation.

Horrible 110 Hz problem in my living roomHide this!Advertise here!