Using paintings/tapestries to hide acoustic treatment-research paper with measurement

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I guess the key bit for me from the paper is that I always thought you needed acoustic panels with acoustic transparent cloth to make a decent contribution to room treatment. But this paper shows a normal oil painting which is gas impermeable can have considerable effect if a fibreglass slab is put behind it! For me it means room treatment is so much easier as I can just modify the stuff already hanging on my walls.

I have plywoodframes with canvas cover.
Then You can have them matched to your home.
Inside there's 50mm stonewool isolation. It Works great, and has high WAF, very importnant ;)

/Figge

Sorry, the picture turned to the side. Propably my phone :confused:

Attachments

• 20181031_084704.jpg
    20181031_084704.jpg
    985.5 KB · Views: 236
Do the reverb time math. Sound may bounce around a room a dozen times before getting to your ear. So adding absorbent (or furnishings) almost anywhere in a room in any amount can be helpful. But better planned is better, of course.

So those simplified diagrams of comb filtering based on rays off the side walls totally destroying the sound quality are, well, simplified.

B.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.