Easier Alternatives to Hanging Panels for Ceiling Treatment?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am sure that you can manage a small project. All you need are a pencil, a straight edge, a tape measure and some of that blue or green painter tape.

1. First decide how much of the ceiling that you would like to cover, .e.g. just 1st reflection spot, or larger. The panels that I propose you place on your ceiling measure about 23 7/16" by 23 7/16" (595mm to be exact).

2. Once you have decided how large of a diffuser area you want to install, mark out the area with pencil on the ceiling. Make sure your lines are square and parallel to the walls.

3. To make it easier to see, place strips of painter tape along the outside of your pencil line perimeter.

4. Have one or more sticks or boards ready. These sticks/boards should be about 1" shorter than your ceiling height. e.g. 8' ceiling = 95" board/stick. By sticks/boards, I mean something like a 1"x 1", or up to a 2' x 4". They will cut it to length if you want them to at the store.
Something like this is ideal:
https://www.homedepot.com/p/1-in-x-...ns-0-70-in-x-1-45-in-x-96-in-307487/306896195

5. Place the tube of adhesive in the calking gun, and squeeze a nice squiggly pattern on the back of one diffuser panel.

6. place the panel on the ceiling at one of the corners. While holding it up, grab your stick, place one point more or less in the centre of the panel. Move the bottom of the stick to a point where it is placing firm upward pressure on the panel.
7. Make sure the panel is perfectly aligned with the lines that you have marked on the ceiling. This first panel is the most important. The rest of the panels are easier, now that you have a straight panel edge to push the rest of the panels up against.

8. If you have multiple sticks, you can keep placing panels without waiting for the glue to dry on the first one. If not, you will have to wait 5 minutes, carefully un-wedge your stick from the panel and continue on the the rest of the panels.

This is a room that I built for a customer. I installed the panels in the exact manner that I mentioned.

You can do this!

Oh, duh, these are the panels I am referring to;

Multifuser DC2

Attachments

• _MG_5891.jpg
    _MG_5891.jpg
    309.4 KB · Views: 157
Last edited:
Mark, if your listing room is small like mine(11 x 16) defusers don't seem to be as effective as absorption. Just for ease, staple squares of batting material in the area where the mirror reflection of the speaker show. A quick and dirty way to hear the effects before committing to the final solution. Of course, if a large room is the case diffuser may work well.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.