Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Room Acoustics & Mods A place to discuss measuring and modifying room Acoustics for better sound

Ambience tweeters using small BMR drivers
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 21st June 2019, 07:33 AM   #61
pelanj is offline pelanj  Czech Republic
diyAudio Member

The cost would be too high indeed.

I did some measurements in room with UMIK and REW. The red line is listening position (psychoacoustic smoothing and raw) and the green line is near field top driver (0.5 m distance). I guess it confirms my impression of a non-agressive sound with the treble roll off.

These little boxes are just awesome to try different omnidirectional-like arrangements. I must definitely try also the 4 tweeter Sonab/Carlsson OA style speaker setup (placed around a top firing woofer) with them.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TEBM-NF.jpg (66.0 KB, 57 views)
File Type: jpg TEBM-NF-RAW.jpg (79.1 KB, 57 views)
File Type: jpg TEBM-LP.jpg (67.3 KB, 56 views)
File Type: jpg TEBM-LP-RAW.jpg (85.2 KB, 53 views)
Old 21st June 2019, 07:54 PM   #62
bwaslo is offline bwaslo  United States
Old guy with soldering iron
diyAudio Member

Yours roll off more and faster than mine did as I remember (of course it doesn't appear I saved any of the graphs ). I get the feeling that the unit-to-unit or maybe batch-to-batch repeatability on these isn't strong. The data sheet curve looks different as well.

edit: ah, but I did post them -- Ambience tweeters using small BMR drivers

Last edited by bwaslo; 21st June 2019 at 07:56 PM.
Old 2nd July 2019, 08:28 PM   #63
pelanj is offline pelanj  Czech Republic
diyAudio Member

Today I finally did a quick and dirty test. I placed the ambient speakers to temporary stands. The effect is interesting and the speakers definitely add ambience. Now, without them, the sound seems a bit too dry, it is addictive. I have to play around with the level and also frequency limitations on the ambient speakers. I am really happy with the result.

Ambience tweeters using small BMR driversHide this!Advertise here!