DIY sound diffusers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
But what sort of diffuser? The ones in the OP are specifically stated as 'not for back wall'
-??

I don't follow what you mean there. The diffusers in my post should work ok on the back wall, that's the usual recommended place for them in studio control rooms.

But some sources I've read say you should be at least 5' or so from a diffuser. I can't see how being closer could be worse than being that close to a bare wall, though. But an absorber might be better for close up.

Joined 2014
Paid Member
-??

I don't follow what you mean there. The diffusers in my post should work ok on the back wall, that's the usual recommended place for them in studio control rooms.

But some sources I've read say you should be at least 5' or so from a diffuser. I can't see how being closer could be worse than being that close to a bare wall, though. But an absorber might be better for close up.

If your read the FAQ it gives minimum distances, all of which are impossible in my teeny listening room. Absorption it is.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.