Slight OT: Diffuser Calculator Software

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I know this is the loudspeaker forum, but I'm also not sure where else I can find a resource as deep and rich at that of this group.

I admit my question is off topic, but I assume if anyone knows, you guys will.

In my past wanderings on Internet, I remember coming across some software that will help calculate diffusion panels. Though I don't remember if it was an On-Line Caculator or some Downloadable Software.

Does this sound familiar to anyone, and can you direct me do some resources?

Second, there is a program that will test a room for reflections and standing waves, and so forth. I know this is a free downloadable program, and if anyone could give me the name I would appreciate it.

Sorry for the distraction, and thanks for whatever help you can give me.

Steve/bluewizard

Last edited:
This is slightly OT to what you asked (though it's arguable that a rectangular room has nodes and standing waves just as does a rectangular speaker cabinet, the main difference being the frequencies involved - and BOTH the cabinet and the room are important to good sound reproduction!), but...

This book "The Master Handbook of Acoustics discusses how to calculate rectangular room resonances and how to calculate a diffuser, as well as many other good thing you may want to know:
I bought this book in the 3rd edition, that was of course just before the 4th came out:
Amazon.com: Master Handbook of Acoustics (9780071360975): F. Alton Everest: Books

Also, I do recall ten years ago downloading a spreadsheet that calculates the node frequencies of a room given its dimensions. I have no idea where that would be online, but I'd think there would be several of those online now.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.