• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

DAC-END R (ES9018) full assembled board - version 2 - group 2

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
After the great success the first version Quanghao opens this new group buy to produce a new series of DAC.

ES9018 USB DAC - Hi-Resolution System*

I can support you by email and chat until all will be happy for this project.

I do not take money from the production of these DAC.

Quanghao will produce these modules with little gain to promote this product, in the near future this DAC will be sold as a finished product at about 2500$ - 3000$.

This DAC ES9018 module have these features:

- top performance linear pre-regulator LT1963
- separated fast shunt for any digital section
- separated fast shunt for any analog channel
- remote volume control
- remote mute control
- remote input control
- digital filter control
- microcontroller to remap DAC to share I2S connection with DSD
- Amanero module integrated to have USB input
- Support 44,88,96,192,352,384KHz PCM and DSD to play SACD ISO
- ground isolation from USB module
- On board reference 100MHz Crystek oscillator with a jitter of 0.5psec
- 3 spdif input: coax RCA, Toslink optical and AES/EBU
- optional passive I/V
- 4 row x 20 characters LCD
- 5V LCD
- large dB volume display

This options are available and here the new cost:

1) DAC module assembled and tested with all components
- ES9018 chip,
- Crystek 100MHz top performances oscillator (CCHD-950-25-100),
- 5 shunt regulator
- All digital connectors
- Controller to change volume, input and other parameters
- 20x4 LCD
- Infrared remote command
- Amanero module not included
price 450$

2) Discrete differential no feedback output stage only
- no feedback
- very low distortion because it work as current amplifier
- Vbe nonlinearity compensated using diamond buffer on output stage
- zero dc offset using dc servo loop
- variable voltage gain only changing a single resistor (I/V)
- 3 voltage amplification setting with jumps
- high output current to drive any low impedance headphone in pure class A
- high output voltage to drive any high impedance headphone
- very low output impedance to drive any cable
- both un-balanced and balanced output
- differential configuration to reduce common mode DAC errors
- output relay for the startup-up phase
- discrete high current shunt regulators
price 150$ (price for 2 modules L & R)

3) Chassie only
price 140$

4) Power supply transformers only, for the discrete output stage you need 3 transformers, for the LL1684 output stage only one.
price 40$ each

5) Amanero module only
price 60$

6) LL1684 output stage only (pcb, Clarity cap, LL1684 Lundahl transformers and connectors)
price 420$ (price for 2 modules L & R)

7) DAC controller 4x20 lcd to use with version 1 (some changes are necessary on the connector)
price 40$

8) Complete assembled DAC with the discrete differential output stage, this include the options 1,2,3,4,5
price 1000$

9) Complete assembled DAC with Lundahl LL1684 output stage, this include the options 1,3,4,5,6
price 1250$

Attachments

• DAC-32bb.jpg
    DAC-32bb.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 4,023
Last edited:
Hi Andrea.
I'm really glad that our friend Quanghao has decided to start a second buying group.
My hope is that the delay between collecting the funds and delivering the goods will be much less than for the first group, given that the modules are already designed and tested, but perhaps I'm a bit optimistic.
Count me then as the first in the list. :

Artur5 - DAC module and Amanero USB board,

P.S. The wish list had 28 members inscribed. Where are the remaining 27.? :D
Hurry up gentlemen, the faster you sign in, the faster we'll have our DACS at home. ;)

If no one minds, I've copied the wish list from the other thread; (Artur5 - your'e back to 24:))

PS The option list from Audiodesign above is as follows: If you haven't followed these options (on your entry) it might be a good idea to change it and state the option(s) you need - what do you think?

This options are available and here the new cost:

Option 1)
DAC module assembled and tested with all components
- ES9018 chip,
- 5 shunt regulator
- All connectors
- 20x4 LCD
price 450$

Option 2)
Discrete differential no feedback output stage
- no feedback
price 150$

Option 3)
Chassis
price 140$

Option 4)
Transformers, for the discrete output stage are used two r-core transformers, for the LL1684 output stage ony a toroidal trasformer is used.
price 40$ each

Option 5)
Amanero module
price 60$

Option 6)
LL1684 output stage (pcb, Clarity cap, LL1684)
price 420$

Option 7)
DAC controller 4x20 lcd to use with version 1
price 40$

Option 8)
Complete assembled DAC with the discrete differential output stage, this include the options 1,2,3,4,5
price 1000$

Option 9)
Complete assembled DAC with Lundahl LL1684 output stage, this include the options 1,3,4,5,6
price 1250$

GROUP BUY LIST

1. atterbud - Option 6 full DAC build with Super I/V output stage in place of standard
2. bsy020 - Option 6 full DAC (standard output) + PCBs for Transformer output
3. Abszero!
4. Gugi 100 (dacboard, output board, chassis)
5. smokingdog
6. feriandas - DAC module + amanero + output stage + transformer + chassis (Complete set: Item 6)
7. ivigueras: 1 + 2 + 3 (DAC, DD output stage, chassis)
8. Djauweh - Option 9 Complete assembled DAC with Lundahl LL1684 output stage
9. audiomusica - Complete set (option 1+2+3+4+5) assuming this makes a complete kit like option 6 but finally assembled on my own.
10. bamarek - option 6 - complete assembled DAC with LL1684
11. Sugden (option 9) Complete assembled DAC with Lundahl LL1684 output stage
12. Nicos - DAC module + amanero + output stage + transformer + chassis (Complete set: Item 6)
13. mjensen (option 9) - complete assembled DAC with Lundahl LL1684 output stage
14.ingemar (option 9)- complete assembled Dac with Lundahl LL1684 output stage(i need to bail out,sorry!!)
15.Gergar- (option 9) - complete Dac with LL1684 + 2 DD output + Op-amp output
16.rolandong-Dac module (assembled & tested with all components) + Amanero module + Aluminum remote
17. Losflacos (Option 9) complete assembled DAC with Lundahl LL1684 output stage, (240VAC) + aluminium remote control
18. picknicker - option 1 + 5: (DAC module assembled and tested with all components + Amanero module) - please also add the metal remote
19. akltam (option 9) complete assembled DAC with Lundahl LL1684 output stage (230V) + remote control
20. Thom - Assembled kit without any output stage (1+3+4+5) + aluminium remote (I will use my own output stage).
21. Alexkosha (option 9) -> complete assembled DAC with Lundahl LL1684 output stage (115V) + Aluminum remote control
22. ruteksen (option 2 + 5) -> output stage + amanero
23. mirza - option 9 completed & assembled DAC with LL 1684 - 230V, aluminium remote controle
24. Artur5 - DAC module and Amanero USB board,.
25. Myint67- option 9 complete &assembled dad with ll 1684 -230v aluminium remote control
26. marcus1 (option 9) complete assembled DAC with Lundahl LL1684 output stage (230V)
27. nick696 - (Option 9) complete assembled DAC with Lundahl LL1684 output stage, (240VAC) + aluminium remote control
28. Audioheaven option 1-2-5

Last edited:
There you go. Please, all new entries copy the entire Group Buy list (with the options details as well) and paste it into your new post and add your name and details of what you want to the list.

Option 1)
DAC module assembled and tested with all components
- ES9018 chip,
- 5 shunt regulator
- All connectors
- 20x4 LCD
price 450$

Option 2)
Discrete differential no feedback output stage
- no feedback
price 150$

Option 3)
Chassis
price 140$

Option 4)
Transformers, for the discrete output stage are used two r-core transformers, for the LL1684 output stage ony a toroidal trasformer is used.
price 40$ each

Option 5)
Amanero module
price 60$

Option 6)
LL1684 output stage (pcb, Clarity cap, LL1684)
price 420$

Option 7)
DAC controller 4x20 lcd to use with version 1
price 40$

Option 8)
Complete assembled DAC with the discrete differential output stage, this include the options 1,2,3,4,5
price 1000$

Option 9)
Complete assembled DAC with Lundahl LL1684 output stage, this include the options 1,3,4,5,6
price 1250$

GROUP BUY LIST

1. atterbud - Option 6 full DAC build with Super I/V output stage in place of standard
3. Abszero!
5. smokingdog
6. feriandas - DAC module + amanero + output stage + transformer + chassis (Complete set: Item 6)
9. audiomusica - Complete set (option 1+2+3+4+5) assuming this makes a complete kit like option 6 but finally assembled on my own.
12. Nicos - DAC module + amanero + output stage + transformer + chassis (Complete set: Item 6)
13. mjensen (option 9) - complete assembled DAC with Lundahl LL1684 output stage
14.ingemar (option 9)- complete assembled Dac with Lundahl LL1684 output stage(i need to bail out,sorry!!)
16.rolandong-Dac module (assembled & tested with all components) + Amanero module + Aluminum remote
17. Losflacos (Option 9) complete assembled DAC with Lundahl LL1684 output stage, (240VAC) + aluminium remote control
18. picknicker - option 1 + 5: (DAC module assembled and tested with all components + Amanero module) - please also add the metal remote
19. akltam (option 9) complete assembled DAC with Lundahl LL1684 output stage (230V) + remote control
20. Thom - Assembled kit without any output stage (1+3+4+5) + aluminium remote (I will use my own output stage).
21. Alexkosha (option 9) -> complete assembled DAC with Lundahl LL1684 output stage (115V) + Aluminum remote control
23. mirza - option 9 completed & assembled DAC with LL 1684 - 230V, aluminium remote controle
25. Myint67- option 9 complete &assembled dad with ll 1684 -230v aluminium remote control
26. marcus1 (option 9) complete assembled DAC with Lundahl LL1684 output stage (230V)
27. nick696 - (Option 9) complete assembled DAC with Lundahl LL1684 output stage, (240VAC) + aluminium remote control
29. nick696 - (Option 9) complete assembled DAC with Lundahl LL1684 output stage, (240VAC) + aluminium remote control

3. Abszero!
5. smokingdog
24. Artur5 -DAC module + Amanero.
29. nick696 - (Option 9) complete assembled DAC with Lundahl LL1684 output stage, (240VAC) + aluminium remote control
30. Erlend Sæterdal : Output stage Only

Just a note

Those that request Option 6 on the list for a full DAC with discrete transistor output from previous description should now be Option 8.

Please check each of the options offered in annoncement (note 1) and update the Group Buy List accordingly.

Cheers
Alan

Just a note

Those that request Option 6 on the list for a full DAC with discrete transistor output from previous description should now be Option 8.

Alan

I'd better correct my entry to be in line with the latest numbering. Thanks akltam.

GROUP BUY LIST

3. Abszero!
5. smokingdog
10. bamarek - option 9 - complete assembled DAC with LL1684

GROUP BUY LIST

3. Abszero!
5. smokingdog
30. reins - option 1-2-5 -> DAC, output stage, amanero

GROUP BUY LIST

3. Abszero!
5. smokingdog
31. Erlend Sæterdal - option 2 -> output stage only

GROUP BUY LIST

1. atterbud - - (Option 9) complete assembled DAC with Lundahl LL1684 output stage $1250
3. Abszero!
5. smokingdog
31. Erlend Sæterdal - option 2 -> output stage only

Updated to reflect the new order classification.

Thank you Linuxfan,

I do not mean on this particular board what you need to set on this board to make it current out or voltage out.

I mean in general what is needed to make a ES9018 current out or voltage out. If I am to use this board as a reference, when you put in jumper, what exactly are you connecting to make it current out ? When you remove the jumper, what exactly are you disconnecting to make it voltage out ?

Thanks.
Alan I

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.