• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Super V/i converted (LL1684 )

Thanks for the tracking number Qanghao

unfortunately, this number does not exist at any courrier service (fed-ex, ups, vietnam post).

Can you please tell me what courrier service was used?

kimd regards.

it is still in the customs inspection Vietnam anm, will reach you soon, do not worry!
thank you very much

Attachments

• necplusultra.jpg
    necplusultra.jpg
    273.4 KB · Views: 413
  • necplusultra Check.jpg
    necplusultra Check.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 395
Hi Quanghao, Andrea,

I have received the Super V/I /converted boards with the LL1684 transformers and have them installed in my DAC. They sound great!

I have one issue and that is the limited gain of the DAC with passive output for my setup. The DAC is driving two Hypex Ncore NC400 monoblock amps (see datasheet). Loudspeakers are Mark & Daniel Ruby which are especially power hungry. The highest volume setting on the DAC (the amps have no volume control) is still pretty far away from the active output I used before.

Any recommendations to increase gain without any major changes to my existing setup would be very appreciated.
Thanks!

Hi Quanghao, Andrea,

I have received the Super V/I /converted boards with the LL1684 transformers and have them installed in my DAC. They sound great!

I have one issue and that is the limited gain of the DAC with passive output for my setup. The DAC is driving two Hypex Ncore NC400 monoblock amps (see datasheet). Loudspeakers are Mark & Daniel Ruby which are especially power hungry. The highest volume setting on the DAC (the amps have no volume control) is still pretty far away from the active output I used before.

Any recommendations to increase gain without any major changes to my existing setup would be very appreciated.
Thanks!

Are you using un-balanced output on RCA ?

The LL1684 output stage give at 0dB a standard 2Vrms so probably your amplifier cannot be used without a pre-ampl.

Another technical question please:
I see on the Neutrik XLR socket that the lower mounting hole is electrically connected to pin 1,
so when the Neutrik is attached to the rear chassis with a screw, pin 1 is then connected to the chassis -
that's all fine and correct for balanced output connections ...

... but on the PCB pin 1 of the XLR socket is also connected to RCA ground - thus RCA ground is also (permanently) connected to the chassis.
I thought that unbalanced outputs were supposed to have floating grounds. Is this correct ??

Another technical question please:
I see on the Neutrik XLR socket that the lower mounting hole is electrically connected to pin 1,
so when the Neutrik is attached to the rear chassis with a screw, pin 1 is then connected to the chassis -
that's all fine and correct for balanced output connections ...

... but on the PCB pin 1 of the XLR socket is also connected to RCA ground - thus RCA ground is also (permanently) connected to the chassis.
I thought that unbalanced outputs were supposed to have floating grounds. Is this correct ??

please see image for your conect GND and RCA out

Attachments

• Super IV with RCA.jpg
    Super IV with RCA.jpg
    380.7 KB · Views: 492
Yes, I see the correct jumper-connections at J1 and J2 for RCA output, but my question remains:
the RCA ground is permanently connected to chassis via pin 1 (and the lower mounting screw) of the Neutrik socket.
Is it correct to have RCA ground to chassis?

HI!

pin 1 of Neutrik, it is GND , only conec to the GND of DAC

You not connect direct to Earth of Chassis.

Please conect GND of DAC to Earth of Chassis.

That i see your question ??
thanks

Sorry, I'm not understanding you. As I read your comments, they seem to contradict. Maybe words fail.

pin 1 of Neutrik, it is GND , only conec to the GND of DAC

You not connect direct to Earth of Chassis.
OK, this makes sense to me, but it doesn't agree with what I see on the Neutrik connector; photo attached.
There's a small metal bracket which connects pin 1 to the inside of the mounting hole. Once a screw is inserted from the outside of the chassis, a connection will be made between chassis and pin 1.

Attachments

• neutrik.jpg
    neutrik.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 463
Are you using un-balanced output on RCA ?

The LL1684 output stage give at 0dB a standard 2Vrms so probably your amplifier cannot be used without a pre-ampl.

I am using the balanced output of the LL1684 output stage. What would be the best approach in this case? Just using the active output or is there a way I can still keep the LL1684 output stage combined with an active stage?
Thanks.

Got the boards!

Thank you Quanghao, they were just delivered by the post office! They look fantastic and will definitely look better than the spaghetti of wires I currently have... :D

Also noticed some things where soldered, so not strictly a bare board!

Two questions:

1) Repost from before, and I know it's been answered before: can we use a 2.2uF in the C4 position?

2) Is there a mechanical drawing for the xlr/rca connectors in the back (to use it as a template to cut holes in the case). I know I'm being lazy, but if it exists...

Thanks again.

Last edited:
Thank you Quanghao, they were just delivered by the post office! They look fantastic and will definitely look better than the spaghetti of wires I currently have... :D

Also noticed some things where soldered, so not strictly a bare board!

Two questions:

1) Repost from before, and I know it's been answered before: can we use a 2.2uF in the C4 position?

yes C4 and C9 you can use cap : 1uf to 22uF MKP, so no need use cap = 22uF OS-con

2) Is there a mechanical drawing for the xlr/rca connectors in the back (to use it as a template to cut holes in the case). I know I'm being lazy, but if it exists...

no , you can not us it!
thanks quanghao