Go Back   Home > Forums > > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Quanghao Audio Design Quanghao Audio Design is a producer of DIY Audiophile Kits and PCB boards, selected from many listening tests!

Old 18th August 2014, 10:12 AM   #1001
Corpius is offline Corpius  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

Today I removed the jumper, but found out that it was there for a reason. Removing it resulted in the exact same problem as danielkol was having with his DAC. I had to put back the jumper in order to get the DAC working again. Although the connector ground and DAC ground are connected, it still is isolated from my CD-transport. The spdif output of my CD-transport also has a isolating pulse transformer as any spdif output should have.
Old 18th August 2014, 04:30 PM   #1002
Algar_emi is offline Algar_emi  Canada
diyAudio Member

DAC-END R (ES9018) full assembled board - version 2
Strange. It is working just fine in my own setup without the jumper.
Old 18th August 2014, 05:07 PM   #1003
Artur5 is offline Artur5
diyAudio Member

As a prospective user of this DAC (I'm in the second buyer's group) I'm very interested on everything that is being written in this thread. Very useful information here, Thanks Corpius, Algar_emi, danielkol and all of you who are contributing.
Anyway, it wouldn't hurt if Quanghao himself entered more often in this thread to clarify or explain some points about the design or settings of the DAC which might seem obscure or puzzling to the final user. He's probably very busy at the moment, but sparing some minutes now and then to post here would be very appreciated, ( Speaking for myself, but I expect that most of you will see my point )
Old 18th August 2014, 09:48 PM   #1004
Erlend Sæterdal is offline Erlend Sæterdal  Denmark
diyAudio Member

I wonder if I can use 195 ohm series resistors and 100 pf to ground at the output off 9018. Then I will send it to a circuit with 220 ohn series resistors and 39 kohm to ground. Looks like ess 9018 is oscillating. There is 200 mv ac out off 9018 and 77 ma ac out off analog stage and no signal. What is neccesary for voltage out circuit ?
Old 19th August 2014, 02:07 AM   #1005
Apogee is offline Apogee  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcus1 View Post
Hi Steve

How are you finding the DAC - any impressions you could share maybe compared to other DAC's you have owned?

Thanks
Marcus,

I've been out of town buried with work. Unfortunately, all I was able to do was take it out of the box, look to make sure everything was there, and that's it. I've yet to hook it up! Sigh...

As soon as I have a chance to spend some time with it, I'll report back.

Steve
Old 19th August 2014, 03:55 AM   #1006
marcus1 is offline marcus1
diyAudio Member

OK, thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apogee View Post
Marcus,

I've been out of town buried with work. Unfortunately, all I was able to do was take it out of the box, look to make sure everything was there, and that's it. I've yet to hook it up! Sigh...

As soon as I have a chance to spend some time with it, I'll report back.

Steve
Old 19th August 2014, 07:16 AM   #1007
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Algar_emi View Post
Strange. It is working just fine in my own setup without the jumper.
hello quanghao.

can you please explain why my dac has the same problem as danielkol his dac when the jumper between spdif connector ground and dac ground is not installed? Also .. How can it be that Algar_Emi his dac play fine without the jumper? I think that
it's very strange indeed.
Old 19th August 2014, 12:10 PM   #1008
anjogi is offline anjogi  Germany
diyAudio Member

Hi all,

a question to the mains power fuse. Every week i have to change my fuse. First i had a 200mAT.
Ok, that's a bit low. But 220V/5 = 44W. For running this should be enough.

Now i replaced it with 400mA = ca. 88W. And it's the same. Once a week it burns down.

Which Value do you use?

Greets jogi
Old 19th August 2014, 02:57 PM   #1009
diyAudio Member

I'm using a 1A slow-blow fuse. That's what I had lying around.
Old 19th August 2014, 03:28 PM   #1010
Artur5 is offline Artur5
diyAudio Member

What's the rated power in watts of his DAC in normal operation?. Anybody has measured it ?
To blow a 400 mAmp. fuse at 230VAC it takes more than 90 watts. Isn't that a bit too much, even considering peak inrush currents at startup ?.

DAC-END R (ES9018) full assembled board - version 2Hide this!Advertise here!