• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

DAC-END R (ES9018) full assembled board

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have covered the USB connector's pin 1 (Vcc pin) with a tape and powered the Amanero with DAC power, it works, no removal of LDO is needed.

I don't like very well your USB solution.

I suggest cut the pcb wire, very simple.

Attachments

• Amanero_cut2.jpg
    Amanero_cut2.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 428
Last edited:
Hello,

My DAC implementation (breadboard ;) ) was very sensitive to the mains: if I switched on/off a lamp or my soldering station I had drop outs.
So I installed a netfilter I had laying around: much better, no more dropouts.
Nice, netfilters that really do work :)

Regards,
Danny

Attachments

• IMG_0355s80.jpg
    IMG_0355s80.jpg
    180.3 KB · Views: 332
Hello

I still have problem with heat. Tryed 15 and 22 Ohm resistors instead of 10 Ohm but it is only 5 - 10 % beter.

Still not OK. Allso I have LOT of NOISE / RIPPLE on power supply lines.

Here are puctires. All is measured on JUMPERS J9 - J10 - ..... - J15 .

1.2V - L picture is with original resistor
1.2V - R picture is with 22 Ohm resistor

Attachments

• 66.JPG
    66.JPG
    175.9 KB · Views: 54
  • 55.JPG
    55.JPG
    135.4 KB · Views: 60
  • 44.JPG
    44.JPG
    152.9 KB · Views: 55
  • 33.JPG
    33.JPG
    126.7 KB · Views: 51
  • 22.JPG
    22.JPG
    113.6 KB · Views: 61
  • 11.JPG
    11.JPG
    157.9 KB · Views: 278
  • MY Setup.jpg
    MY Setup.jpg
    488.5 KB · Views: 313
Yes do that, then we're relieved of your constructive remarks ;)

I have severeal ideas but cannot measure oscilations and noise. Twisted pear had similar problems and bigger caps on output helped. More then 100 uf.I am planning to use 1000 uf. I know some off you will tell it is not good on shunts. I always put more both on out and input off regulators. They have to be closer to the shunt output. I will trow the 10 uf ceramics away. Also the ceramics by the opamps is gone allready.

Last edited:
Hello

I still have problem with heat. Tryed 15 and 22 Ohm resistors instead of 10 Ohm but it is only 5 - 10 % beter.

Still not OK. Allso I have LOT of NOISE / RIPPLE on power supply lines.

Here are puctires. All is measured on JUMPERS J9 - J10 - ..... - J15 .

1.2V - L picture is with original resistor
1.2V - R picture is with 22 Ohm resistor

Hi there

Just to verify the measurement is correct. Please make a measurement as described in this pic. This will lower the noise that is introduced by the GND wire on the Scope Probe.

What frequency is the ripple?

Best Regards
Caad

Attachments

• Scope minimize gnd loop.png
    Scope minimize gnd loop.png
    120.5 KB · Views: 340
Power supply noise

We cannot speak of noise in the main DAC module because we have a 2 stage power supply.

A pair of LT1963 ultra low noise linear regulators create the +5V for digital section and the +5V for analog sections.

These regulators are followed by other linear regulators or hi-speed op-amp controller shunt.

All the following measurements has been created with Clio system by Audiomatica and Transit 24bit.

There is no noise on output terminal (-78dB), see file Noise_DACout, 50Hz at -82dB coming from the air.

Also if I connect the 2.2uF input cap. to the ground I see 50Hz at -82dB.

There is a little oscillation on 1.2analog shunt (about 15KHz at -36dB), see file Noise_1_2ana.

If you add a 100uF 6.3V in parallel to the 47uF smd this oscillation stop and the new measurement give -78dB.

The other shunt have no oscillation and also the 15V shunt without pre-regulator are able to eliminate any noise, (50-100Hz at -80dB).

Attachments

• Noise_-15V.gif
    Noise_-15V.gif
    26.6 KB · Views: 314
  • Noise_1_2Vana.gif
    Noise_1_2Vana.gif
    26.9 KB · Views: 302
  • Noise_3_3Vana.gif
    Noise_3_3Vana.gif
    26.5 KB · Views: 297
  • Noise_DACout1.gif
    Noise_DACout1.gif
    26.5 KB · Views: 295
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.