• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

DAC-END R (ES9018) full assembled board

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2006
Paid Member
Put me down for one ( airmail )
1. 1 x audiodesign ( DAC base )
2. 1 x quanghao ( DAC base + DAC chassis + transfomer)
3. 1 x fansipan ( DAC base + DAC chassis + transfomer)
4. 1 x yildiray ( DAC base + I/V opamp)
5. 1 x danny_66 ( DAC base + I/V opamp)
6. 1 x MihajloTM ( DAC base + I/V opamp)
7. 1 x ma user ( DAC base)
8. 1 x i2k ( DAC base + I/V opamp)
9. 1 x axeexa ( DAC base + I/V opamp + OP + tranfomer)
10. 1 x sipo75 ( DAC base + I/V opamp)
11. 1x Jinkslynx ( DAC base + I/V opamp + OP + tranfomer)
12 .DAHL75 ( DAC base )
13. 1 x smoothquark ( DAC base + I/V opamp + OP +/- transformer +/- chassis)
14. 1 x CeeVee ( DAC base + transfomer)

Sorry, but i must resign from my order.
7. 1 x i2k ( DAC base + I/V opamp)
8. 1 x axeexa ( DAC base + I/V opamp + OP + tranfomer)
9. 1 x sipo75 ( DAC base + I/V opamp)
10. 1x Jinkslynx ( DAC base + I/V opamp + OP + tranfomer)
11 .DAHL75 ( DAC base )
12. 1 x smoothquark ( DAC base + I/V opamp + OP +/- transformer +/- chassis)
13. 1 x CeeVee ( DAC base + transfomer)

I hope you would gather enough people to final this order.

Added chassis to my order.

11. 1x Jinkslynx ( DAC base + I/V opamp + OP + tranfomer + chassis)
12 .DAHL75 ( DAC base )
13. 1 x smoothquark ( DAC base + I/V opamp + OP +/- transformer +/- chassis)

Would it be possible to add additional inputs myself? I have a TTL input board for Toslink which outputs S/PDIF.

Any thoughts on using the Apple Remote for IR?

Let me chime in :)

In theory, you can "add" anything you want. The board is configured to take in 3 spdif inputs: one takes it straight from a toslink module (thus 3.3v), one takes it from a coax connector going through a level converter to convert the ~1v consumer to the required 3.3V for the chip. The other takes the AESBU which also goes through some circuitry.

So perhaps quanghao can add some jumpers to bypass the on-board circuitry so that you can connect straight to the DAC inputs

Is the i2c connections from the amanero usable? The chassis looks good. Can the back panel be customised? I would like to incorporate the cubic (SolidRun - Home of the CuBox)

You could use the i2c connections from Amanero but it depends for what. The controller controls the registers to allow volume control and input switching... If you want to replace the controller with the Amanero to the i2c duty, then you will have to replicate the functionality by using the Amanero i2c primitive calls...

Hi,

Very interested!
Is it possible to have 2 Toslink inputs?
Would it be possible to use the Apple remote for IR commands (just like Hifiduino implementation)?

The Apple remote cannot be used because it is not truly an NEC protocol remote. It would need new firmware. (Or you could replace the controller with Hifiduino)

You could use the i2c connections from Amanero but it depends for what. The controller controls the registers to allow volume control and input switching... If you want to replace the controller with the Amanero to the i2c duty, then you will have to replicate the functionality by using the Amanero i2c primitive calls...

The reason I asked about i2c was to control volume on the es9018 via usb (like the audiolab mdac)

The reason I asked about i2c was to control volume on the es9018 via usb (like the audiolab mdac)

I see.

I have not looked that closely at the Amanero I2C facility (it is not advertised/documented anyway), but at the minimum you would have to have an "Amanero control panel" to send events to the Amanero board. Then upon detecting those "events", then the code you program into the Amanero I2C facility would change the registers of the DAC.

Still you will need an initialization routine for other registers which will require that you write additional code.

Let me chime in :)

In theory, you can "add" anything you want. The board is configured to take in 3 spdif inputs: one takes it straight from a toslink module (thus 3.3v), one takes it from a coax connector going through a level converter to convert the ~1v consumer to the required 3.3V for the chip. The other takes the AESBU which also goes through some circuitry.

So perhaps quanghao can add some jumpers to bypass the on-board circuitry so that you can connect straight to the DAC inputs

@quanghao Would this be possible? I'd like to do exactly what glt proposed. Skip the AESBU and Coax circuit and directly connect two other Toslink modules (which I already have, 3.3V output).

Thanks!

yes, if not AES , you can have 2 x Toslink in put, it is easy!
thanks

Thanks. One last question before I decide to jump on board.
I'd like to use a balanced output (XLR) and single-ended output simultaneously. The balanced output will directly connect to my amplifier and the single-ended output to a separate subwoofer amplifier. Would this be possible?

Second question, is there any advantage of using the op-amps, instead of the passive I/V.

Thanks. One last question before I decide to jump on board.
I'd like to use a balanced output (XLR) and single-ended output simultaneously. The balanced output will directly connect to my amplifier and the single-ended output to a separate subwoofer amplifier. Would this be possible?

yes you can use only balanced outpout, because the iV, and DAC full balance output.

Second question, is there any advantage of using the op-amps, instead of the passive I/V.

if not use passive I/V, may be you need one mode the IV, and remove passive R I/V, it is simple.

the sound is best when use opam 627 with 2134

Hello MattMax,
The es9018 DAC has two outputs: voltage out and current out.
The most simple is the voltage out, it delivers enough voltage and you can connect it directly to your amp/preamp.
But a good implemented current I/V stage sounds better.
Problem with a passive I/V stage is that the voltage is very low, about 100mVrms (we need 2V), so it is necessary to add an output stage with a good voltage gain.
see this link for different outputs stages.

Hello, Please add me to the list.
11. 1x Jinkslynx ( DAC base + I/V opamp + OP + tranfomer + chassis)
12 .DAHL75 ( DAC base )
13. 1 x smoothquark ( DAC base + I/V opamp + OP +/-transformer +/-chassis)
15.1x Smthgbrrd (DAC base + I/V opamp + OP + transformer )

Thank you

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.