• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

DAC-END The best DAC AD1865- UPDAT 2011

Enjoy music with the DAC-END, END 2 DAC-update 2011

Some pictures dac-end 2 full, updated version in 2011
Just plug in the power and signal level from the CD that you can enjoy the music
invite you to see!
Thanks

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 1,668
  • C1.jpg
    C1.jpg
    145.1 KB · Views: 1,611
  • C3.jpg
    C3.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 1,593
Some friend bil test DAC -END 2, and they said:

*Hi all

So far I do not care to DAC-2 End of QH proud because I had heard DAC3 Bel canto is stable.

This afternoon, the brothers on the board support bel canto em DAC3 shoulder exam with DAC-2 End of Uncle pride in Uncle Masterbordy on the same system are:
Tandberg Studio Monitor Speakers
Power Quad 50E
CD Esound E-5 Signature
McIntosh C42 Pre
Audio Art Cable Wire Signatune sierie

The results were unexpected because they held him blind test for objective standards is quite fair.

Only regret that the DAC-END 2 hours is not sufficient version is missing the audio filter something I did not understand the technical and the DAC-5687 END 2 using the new tube is not running clearance is completed.
In Bel Canto DAC3 not well plugged into the ports and unused Aes Bal gateway should not develop its full potential.
But both are using port port BNC input signal and the RAC interconnect and speaker cables alike.

Today there are seven players participating in the evaluation of high sound levels can be said is a very high level of competence. Analyzing the strengths weaknesses of each test.

The result is surprising END DAC-2 has votes equal Bel canto DAC3 17/17 points.

Everyone recognized by Uncle masterbody CDP hearing or Bel canto one or more DAC-End 2 DAC3 and this is the biggest surprise.

but it must be said DAC-END 2 successful as compared to the Bel canto DAC3 price is $ 2,999 list price I bought second hand on oudiogon on the U.S. is $ 1,400.

Congratulations Quang Hao

The Texas TX2575 resistors seem to be even better than the Caddock MK-132, they are available at partsconnexion.
BTW the most important thing with this dac is the output stage. Everything else is more or less cosmetics...I ended up with a C3g (fantastic tubes) in triode mode and a Lundahl LL1660 as output transformer. Wonderful sound, and much much much better than the former E182cc with capacitor output. Last step would be a Sowter I/V transformer, but they are not cheap.
And I much prefer a choke in the HV-powersupply instead the 470R resistor. I liked it so much, I even put 2 chokes in...and a decent 100µf film cap as last PS cap.

have fun,

Juergen

I don't know. These are from an old tube radio, and have a resistance of about 300ohms. I guess around 15hy, 10 would be also fine. Each has a voltage drop of about 20V, and I also use a 6X4 tube rectifier, so another 20V drop. Transformer is 250-0-250, but at the last PS-cap there is only 200V DC left, which is perfectly fine for the C3g ande shunt running with 70mA.
For trying out a choke I would take just what you have in the box, or get some old radio stuff, its good quality from the 50ies...

The Texas TX2575 resistors seem to be even better than the Caddock MK-132, they are available at partsconnexion.
BTW the most important thing with this dac is the output stage. Everything else is more or less cosmetics...I ended up with a C3g (fantastic tubes) in triode mode and a Lundahl LL1660 as output transformer. Wonderful sound, and much much much better than the former E182cc with capacitor output. Last step would be a Sowter I/V transformer, but they are not cheap.
And I much prefer a choke in the HV-powersupply instead the 470R resistor. I liked it so much, I even put 2 chokes in...and a decent 100µf film cap as last PS cap.

have fun,

Juergen

Isn't C3G a high gain tube (even used as triode strapped)? What value of Rk and Ra which you use to reduce the gain?

Tyo

Yes, it is high gain, but the Lundahl is connected 4,5:1 as stepdown to lower the output impedance. So there is no Ra, Rk I took 150 Ohm to get about 14-15 mA. More could be better, but the Lundahl is normally only up to 10mA. Voltage at the anode is 160 Volt.
And preamp is DCB1, so no gain in the there...So there is even not enough gain, I am really thinking about Sowter I/V transformers, as these have some step up.

cheers,

Juergen