• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

DAC-ASH (dac-end 2 up date)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Strosek,

Would you mind sharing your BOM with links to suggested components (if it's not too much trouble)? :D

Quanghao, the circuit for SSHV posted above lists for D5 & D6 - 1N4142A but the BOM (on page 179 of the original thread) says 1n4172?

I suspect the part we want here is 1N4742 or 1N4742A a 1W 12V Zener Diode....

Is this correct and if it is could you please make the corrections to the circuit so others don't have a problem.

Thanks!

Strosek,

Would you mind sharing your BOM with links to suggested components (if it's not too much trouble)? :D

If I had one I'd be happy to share It but all I did was use Quanghao's BOM and I just held off on ordering parts that I wasn't sure about ie. the diodes I just posted about.

I sourced most of the parts from Mouser, Digikey and just a few things off ebay.

I'm 95% done... I held off on the diodes and power supplies which I'm hoping to get from Bud P if he ever responds to my PM's.

If you need specific assistance with a certain parts please PM directly and I'll see what I can do as I do have many extras.

Thanks!

measured parameters of I / V stage DAC-ASH

Attachments

• Measures IV stage DAC ASH.jpg
    Measures IV stage DAC ASH.jpg
    445.4 KB · Views: 989
Thanks for the link and price!

One quick question, in the BOM, there are 1/4W, 2W right next to resistors. I assume these mean power rating of resistors. The spec of CCF50 says it's 0.33W so it can handle 1/4W OK but how about "2W" on the 33 ohm resistor?

Hi! you see it:
CCF50
Vishay Dale
Metal Film Resistors, Industrial, ± 1 % and ± 5 %
http://www.vishay.com/docs/31014/ccf50.pdf

For DAC-ASH
470R x 1
75 x 1
560 x 1
33 R x 6
10 R x 6
47R x 6
100 R x 6
220R x 6
Total: 10$

Hi !
I got to the final! But something strange happens to 6.3V power supply!
AC voltage is 12-14V/ 3A! After about 15 seconds the relay flashing and DC voltage increases and decreases between 2,5V - 6,3V! I use R 80-36 R core transformer from DIYCLUB! Which may be the problem?
Thank you!

Hi !
AC voltage is 12-14V/ 3A! After about 15 seconds the relay flashing and DC voltage increases and decreases between 2,5V - 6,3V! I use R 80-36 R core transformer from DIYCLUB! Which may be the problem?
Thank you!

you can mesuare after diode, befor LT1084!
How many is it voltage??

Hi !
Thank you!

12-14V AC, it´s not a little bit to high? All the scheme says 6,3 -9V.

Klaus

I started DAC! And....sounds damn good!!! I am amazed....
My System:
-transport CDPRO2 with upgrade - diy,
-DAC-END2 6H30PI - diy,
-Aleph 1.7 preamplifier - diy,
-Aleph 5 classA amplifier - diy,
-Open Baffle(Supravox, Eminence Alpha,Visaton drivers) - diy,
-activ crossover for bass - - diy,
-interconects cables - diy.
Thank you Quanghao, Salas and Andreea!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.