• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

OLD THREAD Hi-end phono preamplifier by Andrea Ciuffoli

Dear friends!

Many members are encouraged me to use the phono boards for D3A.

I was make it for my system, it is simple and the sounds is very good, i lke it You can see this Phono in the image and design in this link:Hi-end phono preamplifier

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 9,394
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    167.2 KB · Views: 8,621
  • Phono-Hi-End D3A.jpg
    Phono-Hi-End D3A.jpg
    182.4 KB · Views: 8,798
Dear friends!

Many members are encouraged me to use the phono boards for D3A.

I was make it for my system, it is simple and the sounds is very good, i lke it You can see this Phono in the image and design in this link:Hi-end phono preamplifier

Yes, thank you, it was in my bucket list. I've got the tubes and all the good parts collected. Do you also provide the PCB for this project? I was just about to design the PCB.

Last edited:
I have some my friends interested to build this easy and good phono preamplifier so if we will arrive to 50 persons the price should be only 50$ each including shipping cost.

This project use D3a easy to find on Ebay germany shop at 10-12$ each.

The sound depend by the passive components used.

In these last 2 years I have design many circuit with the D3a and I never seen problem of oscillation without grid stop resistor.

Other tubes give me these problems like the 5842 and 6C45.

I consider this tube perfect for these points:

1) only one brand so always the same neutral good sound
2) low distortion for large swing (see measurement on my PF2007 amp.)
3) no oscillation
4) no microphonic
5) high gain about 70
6) low internal resistance in triode connection near 2Kohm
7) low cost about 10-12$
8) easy to find on german Ebay shop

OK I would prefer it be there but if you have experience otherwise I am ok with it. I know the tube, have some of them on my small stock.

I know you simulated it and measured it but could not never understand how you found 16pF at the input of the second stage is so low. From the datasheet I see we have like 2pF and with miller and gain of 70 it should be more like 140pF. Would you please explain where I am wrong?

Pred

PS
Price at German ebayers is much higer now. They found people in HIFI like them so it is now more like 25-35...

PPS
I still wanna PCBs :)