• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

OLD THREAD Hi-end phono preamplifier by Andrea Ciuffoli

ME too

but so far I am building a file with a full parts list and also a list of errors.

I ordered all my parts today so early next week i will assemble.

Obviously I will assemble the power supply first.

On the previous page you can see the errors I found with the ref designators of the power supply. When I populate the parts I will double check everything and try and make a post with all my findings so that we all have one place with all the errors.

I will post my bill of materials ,it might help some people.

Note also. I did not go for the VERY expensive silver Mica capacitors.
I am going to build mine according to the RIAA circuit of the original schematic.
using 100nF and 33nf caps.

Hi-end phono preamplifier

Information about the value of Phono D3A

Hello, the value of individual components in this diagram as phono 4. But Andrea has calculated value, and I did a comparison between them, the new value shows better, so the new diagram below. All the capacitors and resistors are not recorded values for an option in parallel. I'm sorry that was not clear for you to understand. Thanks

Phono 4 cricuit

Attachments

• phono4a_sch.gif
    phono4a_sch.gif
    18.7 KB · Views: 556
The zener diodes are all a bit flakey

I got 1n4742 as johngalt47 suggested

But this is a whole lot better.

I have another question.

In the quanhoa's design on the phono board R22 and R23 is 820k. But on the original design it is 1M. If i want to try the original riaa circuit should i use 820k or 1M? Or does it not matter?

Last edited:
The zener diodes are all a bit flakey

I got 1n4742 as johngalt47 suggested

But this is a whole lot better.

I have another question.

In the quanhoa's design on the phono board R22 and R23 is 820k. But on the original design it is 1M. If i want to try the original riaa circuit should i use 820k or 1M? Or does it not matter?

that is 820K//, no 1 M!

Phono D3A PCBs

please let me know if you have not received PCB phono ASH

A. Phono D3A PCBs arrived :
1. pred
2. johngalt47
3. guglielmope
4. Loboone
5.johngalt47
6.tangmonster
7. Pilsern
8. jormajj
9.khaho
10. klaju1955

Phono D3A PCBs not arrived :
1. johngalt47
2. 2. vanofmonks
3. John Caswell
4. alex1946audio
5. Torsken

I don't have received yet the boards

So even if i use the original riaa circuit with mkp 100nF and 33nF I must still use 820k?

Hi Tang,

I´m not a krack in electronics, but if I understand it right, the 1M resistor is going into the RIAA network calculation.
Have a look at the Andreas side Audio Design Guide, there is on Phono 4 the calculator with the exact values, or ask Andrea himself.

Klaus

Hello!
The PCB is you do not get me very sad thing, and I'll send for you again. PCB hopes will hand to you, no destination Most PCB is not your phone number. I work with prestige, not profit. If you move to make sure, faster, and make sure to place it very expensive.
I've used

You did not get the PCB address please send me an e-mail with the following information:
Name:
Address:
Phone:
Nick DIY:
PCB name:

Extremely thank