• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

OLD THREAD DAC End by Andrea Ciuffoli

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Where did you put a 470R instead of a 47R? On the base of the MJE?

470 ohm resistors were placed where the 47 ohm resistors should have been.
I just happened to check each resistor on the board when I replaced the 9610,MJE 350, and the 840. Was I surprised to read 470 instead of the 47 marked on the resistor. The resistors were grey IRCs

Works perfectly now

Thanks

Bob

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
It put it in very low Ib in the BJT error amp, cut out, and burst in oscillation too, probably. Should have got hot and collapsed. You can never be too careful with parts values. Good luck from now on, and watch high voltage. Always probe with one hand in the back pocket.

Quanghao, it seems that the first BOM had some mistakes and typos... Do you have an updated and corrected BOM?

I'm sure it would save a lot of questions and problems.

Thanks!

Hi all,

I´m also wanted a updated list of the parts and the schematics of the last 2 PCB version.
Especially the power supply for I/V have changed.

You shows several typ of tubes for use:
6H6 B+ 270V
6H30 B+ 230V
6DJ6 B+ 200V
The power supply can regular 200V to 270V?

What is with the E182cc version with transformer, have news or schematics?

Klaus

I had also suggested that we start a new thread for builders of the most current DAC. When new posts are made it's always a pain trying to figure out which version of this project and boards the question is pertaining to.

Instead of this ALL IN ONE thread we should have a thread for each project ,add-on or new version of boards. The last thing we need is confusion when dealing with high voltages and high end parts.

Seems logical to me... anyone else?

If someone will post the actual voltage requirements for the groups needs, then those will become the transformers provided. Gary has just informed me that his design is not the one the rest of you are going to build.

As I said, I really am confused! However the transformers that Klaus asked about in a PM are not vastly different from what is already designed and combining low voltage 9vac windings with higher voltage windings is not difficult.

Bud

If someone will post the actual voltage requirements for the groups needs, then those will become the transformers provided. Gary has just informed me that his design is not the one the rest of you are going to build.

As I said, I really am confused! However the transformers that Klaus asked about in a PM are not vastly different from what is already designed and combining low voltage 9vac windings with higher voltage windings is not difficult.

Bud

Hi Bud,

the other two PT´s I asked in the PM one is for the I/V stage of this DAC, the other is for D3a Phono Pre of Quang Hao in an other thread.

Klaus

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.