• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

OLD THREAD DAC End by Andrea Ciuffoli

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Disabled Account
Joined 2009
I have a couple of questions for those who have finished the DAC.

Did anyone try removing the filter (L1,L2 in the DAC and R30-33 in the IVY)? What difference should I expect if I do that?

Also, I'm thinking of switching some caps to Black Gate. The ones I'm replacing are the Sanyo 47uf. I'm having the OSCON SP there and might try the BG NX HiQ 47uf. Other caps are the 220uf in the IVY. Thinking of popping the BG N 100uf into there. What do you guys think about this? Is it worth replacing those caps?

HELP

Problem with Salas HV
Using 0-250 Rcore -260V AC at input

250VDC after rectifier?

Have blown 2 9610s
THe 470 ohm resistors start smoking after 2 seconds. Obviously too much current

No obvious shorts on board.

Where do I start troubleshooting

Thanks

Bob

You see this image
What about the Led??
May be Mje 350 died , so 840 get all mA

Attachments

• 10-117-thickbox.jpg
    10-117-thickbox.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 451
QuangHao:

Thanks for the reply.

I have the IV and Salas HV board which I am building to power the E182CC IV board.
I will check the MJE 350.
The 3 LEDs light.
R1 (33 ohms) is also very hot so it draws excess current.

Oh. I don't have a 1N3838 installed. Did not see it on the BOM. Will try to find one in my parts.

Best

Bob

Per Quanghao I will not use the diode across the 9610.

I found out that my 47 ohm resistors were 470 ohms not 47. They are marked 47. This happened to a fellow DIYer a couple of years ago. I usually check with a meter before installing but became impatient. Live and learn. I have replaced semiconductors and will see how things go later tonight.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.