• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

OLD THREAD DAC End by Andrea Ciuffoli

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I also bought an R80-36 transformer fro Diyclub and its 230Vac secondary outputs 250Vac reading on my fluke meter, the 260Vac secondary outputs 283Vac. I don't know why it's reading too high.

I have bought the same transformer for the tube IV stage. That's normal due to regulation of the transformer. You will get the specified AC voltage if the transformer is fully loaded. :D

Last edited:
I have bought the same transformer for the tube IV stage. That's normal due to regulation of the transformer. You will get the specified AC voltage if the transformer is fully loaded. :D

That's what I thought too, but I'm still getting 280Vac even with the load.

I finally fixed the problem with the LED not turning off when plug in to a CD. It was a cold solder on the CS8414 pins. I retouch the soldering and now I'm listening to music. Very cool! very nice Dac. I like the sound, as what everybody says. The only disadvantage is, it's HOT. :eek: My next plan is to incorporate a USB to SPDIF converter board so I can connect it to my laptop or desktop computer.

How about you Housing, is your Dac done?

:cheers:

Last edited:
Yes! i test it, Some use TL 431 is not good, but after Salas shunt it is good!
I want try to make all Salas shunt for DAC-end 2. Now I'm testing it. if it is good i can reply!

PM: And I use Salas Shunt HV for IV, the sound is excellent,
One test with 6h30pI or 6h6, I show the sound is very very natural. sound more realistic and very detailed. I think it fits the sound quality of the AD 1865. I can say I love 6h30.
Best regard!
Thank you!

Quanghao:

Are you going to to a 6H6P board?

I will be interested in the Salas HV board to use with the E182CC/5687?

Thanks

Bob

Quanghao

Yes! you can see the circuit

Attachments

• PRE-IV-by-Andrea-quanghao.jpg
    PRE-IV-by-Andrea-quanghao.jpg
    183.7 KB · Views: 501
Quanchao,
I know Salas regs have benefit if located close to consumption.Maybe you have to incorporate the regs in the dac board.
In anyway count me for three sets.
So:
1. pathetic (1 set)
2. cchean ( 2 sets )
3. Lucylu (1 set)
4. Ulyses31 (1 set)
5. damohpi (I/V + 10M45 PCB set)
6. mikvous (3 sets)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.