Scanspeak 8531 and 9700 2 Way Floorstander

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi All,

I have recently joined the forums and I have a couple of projects that I would like to try. The first is to build a pair of 2 way floor standers making use of the Scanspeak 8531 mid-woofer and the 9700 tweeter. I have see a thread on here where the 8531 was paired with a 9300 and on the Troels Gravesen where it is paired with the 9500 and the 9800.

My question is how interchangeable are the 9500 and the 9700, i.e. would a crossover designed for the 9500 work with the 9700? Also I need a design that is bi-wireable as I plan to build a 4 channel gain clone to bi-amp the speakers, in order to get the best of them.

if you look at the amish on mr. graveson's website; http://www.troelsgravesen.dk/Amish_8545_9500.htm at the bottom of the page you'll see that he alters his xover only slightly going from the 9500 to the 9700. i would point out that this is in a series xover, i'm far too uneducated to speculate further though. as an aside i have the cabs built for the amish, but since i have a.d.d. i've switched to building the pms. and plans drawn up for mr. krutke's zd5 and...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.