Run that stop sign...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Geek said:
View Source > find and copy the media URL into the location bar > download and watch :)

I have to do this all the time because site's don't recognize Mplayer :rolleyes:

The movie address is not on the page linked above, and the URL to the page with the movie is not there either -- they use javascript (guaranteed to break -- when i clik the link it jumps to a help page so i never get to see the page with the movie.

dave

Tweeker said:
This why Im opposed to high speed pursuits in situations short of someones life being at risk (ei hostage etc).

Locally a 10 year old boy was killed in the pursuit of someone who had shoplifted a bottle of Advil.

Agreed, but cops aren't known for their brilliance. You have to appreciate the spin they put on that. Cop also had countless opportunities to "pull him over" without any collateral damage other than to the front of the cruiser. Total pea brains, should be held accountable for it if you ask me.

The worst Ive seen on TV was when the police decide to avoid using the Pitt Maneuver, up till they have the suspect at the gas station anyhow.:hot:

The best clip I saw on TV was a thief using the dock equipment to drop a 20,000lb coil of copper into the back of what was his small red Toyota pickup.:rofl:

For chases, the police need some sort of countermeasures more advanced than the "pit maneuver". I wonder if an integrated nitrous shot could help them catch up on the straights and ram to disable....

Some sort of EMP device that fries the offender's car's ECM would be ideal. Sort of an automotive stun gun. I'm sure I'm not the first to think of this - I wonder if it is practical?

If it had been me in the blue VW wagon (or whatever it was) at the corner, that both cars had to go around, I'da rammed the guy, or blocked his path with my car. Seriously. One never knows if the guy has a gun or not, but hey, I hate that ****. I'd seriously have blocked his path.

Then I'd wink at the cop afterward, as I was saying that I 'panicked and tried to get out of the way-I was confused...". And me and the cop would agree, smiling.

End of story.

~~~~~~~

One time, long ago, I rumbled 10 guys who were beating a gay guy one night (he was on the ground and they were kicking him, all in a circle) when I was driving cab. I drove over and started screaming at them. I literally threatened them with running over them with the car. This gave the guy a chance to get up and run away. They came over and threatened me.

They grabbed my car, tried to pull me through the window. The car was in gear, as I was not stupid enough to put it in park, or stop the motor from revving. Held the brake with my foot.

They threatened to beat the crap out of me, and I said that I will remember every single one of your faces, when the court case comes. I pointed at them, saying 'I see you, I see you, I see you...'

I said I'm not backing down , I screamed at them. "The next step is manslaughter or murder!!! WANNA PLAY??!?!?!? Life in Jail, or death! Wanna play???"

They ran away. I was dead serious.

I think I scared them. Specifically, scared some sense into them.

And I'm just a little guy, 5' 6" (168cm) But I don't take **** from anyone, especially rednecks.

3 of them ended up in court, they were kicked out of the local University.

I ran into the guy they were beating, about a year ago. He still remembers. He never thanked me, and I expect no thanks.

Oh yes, When they were trying to pull me out of the car, I called HELP! on my radio. At least 20 cabs in the immediate vicinity were tear-assing toward the spot. Half these guys (cab drivers) are ex-cons....who would dearly love to be righteous -- for once. They'd put their heart and soul into that beating, and feel good about it.

Imagine the mayhem.

Le me clarify. I'm a country boy, never been in a fight in my entire life. But I am familiar with blood and death, more than (or most) anyone want(s) to be. I don't scare easily. I've lived through the panic moment enough times that it doesn't freeze me anymore.

planet10 said:

I refuse to install that... i value the integrity of my Mac & Office already adds enuff chaos.
Originally posted by planet10
The movie address is not on the page linked above, and the URL to the page with the movie is not there either -- they use javascript (guaranteed to break -- when i clik the link it jumps to a help page so i never get to see the page with the movie.

This the direct link without javascript,
but is impossible, I think, to download the video and then play it in your PC.
If you look at this link, it has a variable os=, which possibly could be set to value 'mac'.
The lenght is like 20 minutes streaming.

http://www.kctv.com/global/video/worldnowasx.asp?os=&vt=&clipid=985012

Here is the folder in which this video might be located:
Code:
[Reference]
Ref1=http://a531.m.akastream.net/7/531/5435/v001/worldnowkctv.download.akamai.com/5435/kctv_20060929141908vi.wmv?MSWMExt=.asf
Ref2=http://80.67.86.147:80/7/531/5435/v001/worldnowkctv.download.akamai.com/5435/kctv_20060929141908vi.wmv?MSWMExt=.asf

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.