Where are the ZV9 builders???

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Tyimo, I ask myself the same question;) As to your question about anyone building the ZenV9, take a look here:D :
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=888974#post888974
The sound is just amazingly good from that amp, the topend is just smooth and great:) The only little catch is the limited power-rating of 2x 15 watt's. My main speakers are rated at 82dB sensitivity and my second pair are rated atn 86 dB. The ZenV9 sounds great with my second pair:) Which are ProAc 1s clones:)
On another note, I hate to think that I am actually the only one building stuff around here??:eek: :eek:

Steen:cool:

- 2HE (88mm high) width 435mm depth 300mm € 119,-

- 3HE (135mm hoog) 435mm breed 300mm diep € 149,-

- 4HE (180mm hoog) 435mm breed 300mm diep € 169,-

- 4HE (180mm hoog) 435mm breed 400mm diep € 199,-

Hi Steen,

It's on the page as well...but I'll do a translation (just of the first sentence ;)

The handles are € 32,50 per pair. i.e. not included in the prices mentioned above.

And if you are wondering: The version with 18 CM high and 30 CM deep will result in 47 degrees celcius when running a standard Aleph 5.

The largest one can dissipate 400 Watt.

Rick is really into the Pass scene. On my request he even added a 2x60V, 2x12V 120 VAC encapsulated transformer to his goodies. Great for the Kari boards!

Greetings, Harry

Bas Horneman said:

So...what are you going to do now with your power jFet's?:angel:

For now I will limit myself to making an all jfet balanced single ended amp, something like ZV7, just jfet and lower rails.

Besides that I have planned to make a cascoded version as well, so I am actually in the market for a few more jefets, I only got like 30 or 40 of them.

Magura :)

Hi!

Thanks Steen for the answer!

The sound is just amazingly good from that amp, the topend is just smooth and great

It is doesn't augurs very well.... What about the bass and the mids etc. ?!?

Magura!

I threw a quick ZV9 together a couple of days ago, but wasn't particulary impressed with it, so it had a real short lifespan

That was about I am afraid! ;)

Tyimo

diyAudio Editor
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Stefano,

Might be helpful if you posted a diagram where to put the switches.
Simple I'm sure, but it would encourage people to actually play around with the circuit-even a little!! and that's a good thing! Especially now that circuit boards are being made and more will be building the amp I'm sure.

What are the advantages of each setting-any opinions?

Paul Ebert said:

Anyone have recommendations? Also, how critical are the power supply caps?

Thanks.

As in any amplifier, better the PSU caps, better the sound!
Remember, if you want "good DC" feeding your speakers, you have to feed your amp with "good DC"..... your amp it's committed to what you feed him.
If you always eat Macdonalds, don't expect to have good blood :D :dead:

In the output caps, I think I will use ELNA audio caps or Philips.
Blackgate should be perfect but they aren't cheap.
In the PSU I will go for Rubycon ;)
And 2x 650 VA trafo :D

PS: Hey Veteran, don't forget me hehehehehehe :D ;)

Hi Stefano!

I have mine from months , and it is my favourite zen . With some dsd recording it just amazed me . I putted 4 switches for easily convert it from current source to voltage Aleph ( and viceversa ) , with my FE206 Fostex drivers MLTL speakers . Cant stop to listen to it .

It is getting to be interesting;)
Thanks for the comments.

Tyimo

I've just started building mine. I am shocked at what 5% variance means for some of these resistors. Like the 0.47R measured as 1.1R or higher. Just surprised about that. I can mebbe post pics but I'm not sure how to. I lack the 4x15000uf/63V needed for the powersupply so any suggestions would be appreciated.

I went with the jenson 4pole for output coupling and N-type 100uf for the 220uf caps on the board.

Not very far into it, but I can take pics and such. I'm considering getting higher quality resistors for the 1.0 and 0.47 parts since the ones i install might be a bit off.

-Bonta

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.