diyAudio

diyAudio (https://www.diyaudio.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tubes / Valves (https://www.diyaudio.com/forums/tubes-valves/)
-   -   Photo Gallery (https://www.diyaudio.com/forums/tubes-valves/71300-photo-gallery.html)

cadman 3rd September 2003 06:16 AM

Photo Gallery

Here ya go guys, a place to share pictures and a brief explanation of your favorite amp or latest project. For discussion or an in-depth writeup, let's post at the Discussion Thread. Hope this will suffice- Who's gonna start things off? (again)

Sch3mat1c 3rd September 2003 06:44 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Looks like I can claim the first post! Hmmm what to throw on the pile....

Sch3mat1c 3rd September 2003 06:46 AM

2 Attachment(s)
50C5 SE amp. First I ever built. Good for about 1W and maybe 250 to 10,000Hz - just radio parts, including the OPT. Line operated and no isolation of course, but it sounds good in its range.

Tim

cadman 4th September 2003 04:57 AM

Valco P-P

2 Attachment(s)
Guess I'll keep the ball rolling- This is my second attempt and current finished amp, based on a '40s PA design by Valco. Typical 6L6 PP. IIRC, the xformers are 30w Hammonds. Finished this one a couple years ago and still sounds pretty good, although there's some low level hum that still drives me nuts.

cadman 4th September 2003 05:00 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Shot of the back- 5 inputs, inverse fdbck switch, switched outlets. The chassis is done in black metallic, with light blue metallic sparkle that you only see when the light catches it, then a clearcoat over that.

cadman 4th September 2003 05:04 AM

2 Attachment(s)
All lit up like Christmas! :) The vol knob and top circle are EL panels. One step closer to high-tech, I included a delayed HV startup ckt that still works :bigeyes: Thanks for letting me dust off the ol' amp and share! Who's next!?

arnoldc 4th September 2003 09:29 AM

Here is mine, a 300B based on JE Labs 300B DX but stereo.

RCA 76 - Hitachi 6SN7GTB - 300B (generic Chinese ;) tube) - RCA 5U4G rectifier

An externally hosted image should be here but it no longer works. Please upload images instead of linking to them to prevent this.

Bas Horneman 4th September 2003 12:29 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Cool thread...This project is old by now and has been posted here before..but here it is anyway...That way I'll be subscribed to this thread as well.:nod:

Cheers,
Bas

NickC 4th September 2003 01:55 PM

My minimal casing structure and super messy set up

An externally hosted image should be here but it no longer works. Please upload images instead of linking to them to prevent this.

Bas Horneman 11th September 2003 10:18 AM

2 Attachment(s)
PSU for my phono amp.