Dayton quattro 12" + 240W amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I just finished a Quattro 12" + Dayton 240W plate amp ported home sub, the box 2. cu ft tuned to 30 hz. I am very happy with the performance of this. I mainly use it for music and it keeps up well with my mains which are driven by H/K's most powerful receiver. For less than a $300 investmen you can't beat this for music.

ide tend to think that would give you a big peak at 30ish hz no? you should try stufing an old shirt into the port, listen to it sealed, you may like it more!

if i built a sub purely for music listening, it would be sealed...ironically, i prefer ported tower speakers for music listening.

and another request for pics

id still try sealing it, but i try sealing everything hahahaha.

plus its fun to tinker.

but nice to see youve seen the fun involved in diy, before you know it youll have your own plans to make some new mains....then some power amps....then some pre amps.....before you knwo it your have a 7.1 channel consisting of massive fullrange towers each channel, each driven by a 400wmonoblock *drool*

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.