Heatsinks for Bosoz?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,
as i'm currently drawing pcb for a X-Bosoz with ccs i'm wondering if a heatsink is required? Acording to my cim about 40mA is floating trough each of the diffpair fets and around 80-100ma trough the ccs. 60V * 0,04A = 2,4W for the diff fet and i recon that it should work without a heatsink, right? For the ccs the figures would be 9V* 0.1A = 0.9W.

Any comments?

Thx,

Kari

Attachments

• test.png
    test.png
    15.4 KB · Views: 5,079
Kari,

I think you will definitely want heatsinks. For my BZLS variation I used my aluminum chassis as the heatsink for all my FET's, and the chassis is noticeably warm to the touch when operating. Check the datasheets for the IRF610 for heat transfer from package to air as a check, as I may have been overcautious, but I'm pretty sure I did the check and found the FET's would overheat.

Cheers, Terry

Here's the latest update on the board.

I'm currently asking for quotes from different pcb fabs as my current fab has desided to increase their pricing.

I was thinking about black soldermask and goldplated pads is a must. Still the red one looks good to. Any toughts?

/Kari

Attachments

• test.png
    test.png
    28.2 KB · Views: 2,251
jleaman said:
That my friend looks great. Looks like eagle software also..
Are heat sinks in the library ?

Done with Gentoo Linux and Eagle :D :D
And yes the sinks are in the libs.
pinkmouse said:

Just a thought for if you do a group buy, why not extend the rails under the big caps, and add a few more holes. That will allow different caps and different pin outs to be used.

Ok will do. I assume that ppl would use some axial type MKP caps right? I have footprints for AudynCap and Mundorf atm.

/Kari

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.