newbie Q on troubleshooting
happy 2005 ...
need help in troubleshooting this entry amp as i'm just starting out
referring to this 22watt amp using TDA1554 http://www.aaroncake.net/circuits/amp20w.htm
have wired everything point-to-ponit, added a 50k pot and a headphone jack as input
power source was a 12v car battery
- is wiring all ground (signal or pwr) to a single point ok?
- followed the ESP troubleshooting page, and used 2x 100K safety resistors at both 12V+ and - ends for testing
- nothing was warm, not even the heatsink
- output voltage at the speaker ends were about 10mV
with or without an 8ohms load (this is ok right?)
- after removing the two safety resistors, and without load and input, the heatsink became warm but everything else was not
- power source voltage was about 15v
but output voltage at the speaker ends were also about 15v???
- 8ohms load heated very fast if placed in
- any give where i should start looking?
check all connection bewteen power supply and chip. Make sure you get the right voltage at pins 5,13 and 14, check for cold solder points
|All times are GMT. The time now is 03:30 AM.|
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Resources saved on this page: MySQL 17.65%
vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright ©1999-2018 diyAudio