Enclosure/constrained layer type question

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Panels A, B, C and D are attached to a woofer enclosure via screws. Between the panels and enclosure is a thin piece of rubber of a type and thickness similar to that found in innertubes (remember those?).

Does this gain me anything?

Attachments

• constlay.gif
    constlay.gif
    3.9 KB · Views: 153
The screws cause a short circuit into the enclosure. The best way to do this would be to use some sort of adhesive to attach the panels. "Liquid Nails" seems to be the adhesive of the week, I have done similar things with Alex Plus silicone/latex caulk, I just didn't use the rubber as well (I guess the silicone is rubber technically).

John

I did something similar with a high solids contact cement (30%) between two 3/8" thick sheets of plywood. I used brass screws only around the perimeters of the individually cut pieces where needed to minimize potential degradation because of their transmissive effect.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.