• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS: Darpa Jr. Speakers (3 Way Bookshelf)

SOLD: Darpa Jr. Speakers (3 Way Bookshelf)

I have too many speakers, branded and DIY, and I cannot listen to them as I should, so it's time to let go one of the most surprising ones: Darpa Jr.

They won the InDIYana 2015 contest at "micro 3 way" category.

DARPA Jr uses an RS180-8 woofer, RS100P-8 mid, and ND25FA tweeter for an all-Dayton design. It’s in a 15 liter (0.5 cu ft) slanted baffle cabinet with a sealed mid-chamber.
THe cabinets has been professionally painted in pearl white metalized colour.

The mid and woofer cross at about 670Hz and the mid and tweeter cross at about 3200Hz. Crossover was made with Jantzen Audio Coils, resistors and MKT caps.

Sound is surprisingily clear, well defined and it surrounds you.
It will play a very nice bass in small rooms and will be deeper in bigger ones.

I can say they have not been played any more than 30 hours for sure. Drivers are not breaking in.

Dimensions (centimeters): 43 H x 21,5 W x 21 D.
Sens around 87dB, impedance 8 Ohm.
Weight 10kg each.

Pictured stands are not included in price, but it could be possible to include them.

Last edited: