• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

GB - ACA Power Supply Filter Kits

Joined 2018
Paid Member
This is a group buy for Amp Camp Amp (ACA) CLC Power Filter PCBs + Parts Kits.

The idea is inspired by the recent Sony VFET P-Channel amp power supply filter. The concept is a low pass filter designed to filter out any hi frequency hash/trash from the SMPS power supply.

This board is designed to be an easy retrofit/drop-in to the chassis. The mounting holes align with existing slots in the bottom of the chassis. Wiring is also simple. Add a wire from the ground "bus" wire at the back of the amp to the filter board. The red wires from the amp boards get cut. Amp board wires connect the "V+ to Amp" connections. 2 short wires from the switch connect to the "V+ from Switch".

Option A - Stereo Amp Kit - 1x PCB, 2x Inductors, 2x 1000u Caps, 1x 0.33uCap, 8x screws, 4x standoffs
Option B - Monoblock Amp Kit [Kit for 2 ACA Chassis] - 2x PCBs, 4x Inductors, 4x 1000u Caps, 2x 0.33uCap, 16x screws, 8x standoffs
Option C - 1 Board only - good for one stereo amp - you supply parts
Option D - 2 Boards only - good for 2 monoblocks - you supply parts

Group Buy Pricing for kits will be based on the volume of the buy. It's looking like:
5 Option B's (10 total boards including all parts) = $42+shipping per kit
6-24 Option B's = $36+shipping per kit
25+ Option B's = $32+shipping per kit
Divide price by 2 for Option A kits.

Shipping will be appx $4 or 5 in USA. More elsewhere.
Option C = $4 + shipping
Option D = $8 + shipping

Group Buy #1 will close September 17, 2021.
Please make a running list by entering your DIYAudio username and which option(s) you would like. I'll total things up after Sept 17th and order parts.

December 2021 Updates
There was only 1 group buy. You can now get boards fabbed if you like. Gerber files are posted in posts #136 and #137.
Typo on the schematic. ACA uses a 24V PSU. No need for 50V caps. Go for 1,000uF 35V. I used the same series of caps that were called out in the store's P089ZB kit. Nichicon UHW or Kemet ESH series.

Attachments

• ACA Filter PCB-00a.jpg
    ACA Filter PCB-00a.jpg
    742.1 KB · Views: 1,972
  • ACA Dual CLC PSU Filter-V1.0c.jpg
    ACA Dual CLC PSU Filter-V1.0c.jpg
    561.1 KB · Views: 1,798
  • ACA LC Filter Concept-00a.JPG
    ACA LC Filter Concept-00a.JPG
    53.9 KB · Views: 1,735
  • ACA with Filter-00a.jpg
    ACA with Filter-00a.jpg
    824.5 KB · Views: 1,567
  • ACA with Filter-00b.jpg
    ACA with Filter-00b.jpg
    589.4 KB · Views: 1,504
  • ACA with Filter-00c.jpg
    ACA with Filter-00c.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 1,134
Last edited:
Joined 2018
Paid Member
Craigl59: 1X Option B
rhthatcher: please confirm that this is the right choice for 1 dual-smps ACA. Thanks.

Craig - here's a version that can work for dual SMPS. I can fab these when I order more boards. All you need is one extra Wima 0.33uF cap. This could also be used with a jumper wire between V+ from amp connections and another jumper between GND connections for single SMPS applications.

Craig - put Option (A,B,C, or C) - DUAL SMPS for what you'd like.

Attachments

• Dual SMPS ACA Filter-V1.0d.JPG
    Dual SMPS ACA Filter-V1.0d.JPG
    64.2 KB · Views: 505
Just a quick note: I did a filter more or less identical to your design when I built my bridged ACA in 2017 (different values -what I had on hand). and it works like crazy. Good to see my notions independently supported. I use a Meanwell 24VDC, 14amp supply in a separate box.

rhthatcher: Yes put me down for 2 of the revised boards that allows each SMPS to connect to its designated pcb. Have two dual-channel ACAs and, so, will use one of the revised boards for each unit. Don't know how to specify this. Is this 2X Option A (dual smps)?

Last edited:
Joined 2018
Paid Member
rhthatcher: Yes put me down for 2 of the revised boards that allows each SMPS to connect to its designated pcb. Have two dual-channel ACAs and, so, will use one of the revised boards for each unit. Don't know how to specify this. Is this 2X Option A (dual smps)?

I have you down for 1x Option B Dual SMPS (same as 2x Option A...)

To be 100% sure... Please confirm you have 2 ACA chassis and 4 SMPS supplies. If yes, then you're covered

Yes, have 2 ACA chassis and 4 SMPS. Am assuming that the revised board will handle one dual SMPS ACA and that 2 of them will be needed for both. So, is this 2X Option A (dual smps) or 1X Option B (dual smps)?
Surprisingly complicated to explain but thanks for the great work and your expertise.

Joined 2018
Paid Member
Yes, have 2 ACA chassis and 4 SMPS. Am assuming that the revised board will handle one dual SMPS ACA and that 2 of them will be needed for both. So, is this 2X Option A (dual smps) or 1X Option B (dual smps)?
Surprisingly complicated to explain but thanks for the great work and your expertise.

1 of these new boards per chassis in your case with Dual SMPS. Left side of the board for 1 SMPS/Amp Board, right side of the board for the other. It's 2 independent filters on one PCB this way. So I'll keep you down for 1x Option B dual smps.