Transformer with two primaries

Hi, I removed this transformer from a non-working amplifier. To make the primary work at 230V I connected YEL with BLK, I isolated WHT and I used BLU and BRN to connect it to the 230V mains voltage. it's correct? The secondary is only a 24V. Thank you

Attachments

• IMG_20210506_141316.jpg
    IMG_20210506_141316.jpg
    521.4 KB · Views: 181
I don't know what is '0V-0V-115V' but in any case you have to connect it to mains only through a some large ballast safety resistance (and a small fuse of cause). It may be large 1k resistor, or 40-60W incandescent lamp. And measure a current (or a voltage across a safety resistor) - if it is small then everything is fine.

I'm not sure about 'Blue' - it may potentially be a screen wire or something else.

Last edited:
It sounds correct in what you have done although I'm not sure why there are two 0V tags for the left hand winding. Could there be a thermal fuse between those two?

The wiggly line could be a representation of a fuse symbol.
Then you would join white & black for parallel 115V operation but connect mains to blue to protect both windings.
For 230V, as the op stated in post 1 for fuse protection.
Googling transformers, the more usual arrangement is to fuse both primary windings so only 2 wires per primary.