• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

WTB: 2SC3601/2SA1407 or 2SC3423/2SA1360

I'm looking at inventories of suppliers here in brazil and I'm surprised that they still have interesting old stock parts like the 2SA1360.

BTW I found your post while searching for pictures of the original Toshibas, so I can compare with what's available down here. Problem is that the shipping is generally expensive here in brazil; Right now I can't afford to order parts from various suppliers to see if I get originals.

I do have test equipment, two scopes (altough the good Tek is at my parents house very far from where I am), and can do some basic testing of the parts, frequency response for instance. Power testing would be slightly more involved I think, but maybe I can do it.

I like the idea of supplying these parts non-profit, at a low price (brazilian real is worth 0.2 dollars, therefore one 2SA1360 would cost me 0.4 dollars + shipping). Look here: So Tudo - TRANSISTOR 2SA1360
They claim it's original, and the picture is of an original part, but I will only believe after I test it. Other suppliers report both the 2SA1360 and its complement available but no picture. Many other interesting NOS parts stocked at other suppliers, but I have no idea what sort of original:fake ratio I will encounter. Maybe I am being a bit naive about the VAS transistors, I don't know. I found original 2SA970-BL at a fair price to me (which means CHEAP for you fellows), original 2SC2240-BL costs a bit more, at least the ones I found so far. I am personally also intersted in the 2SA1109 / 2SC1609 pair by Hitachi, there is a good chance of finding originals but I have no idea what quantity is available.

Just wanted to put this out there, maybe there is interest in finding out if there are originals available and what quantities are available.