How to combine Sonos Connect & ‘alien’ wireless speakers?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Dear audio-DIY friends,

For my current project, my challenge is to connect Sonos & Arylic wireless audio.

In this audio home system, I have two active HiFi speakers with amp/power/Up2Stream Mini built in. Also there are 3 Sonos speakers and a Sonos Connect.

I would like to stream the same music (multi-room) to all speakers, both Sonos & the wireless HiFi speakers (with Arylic Up2Stream Mini inside).

My idea is to connect the Arylic S10 to the Audio-OUT of the Sonos Connect. This way the HiFi speakers should get a signal/music stream coming from the Sonos Connect, via the S10.

Question
Will this setup enable that I can stream via Sonos to play via all speakers; Sonos and my own wireless speakers?

All comments, experience, suggestions are welcome!

Best regards,
KolfMAKER

Last edited:
Disabled Account
Joined 2002
Difficult to understand what you write but from what I know the S10 is 24 bit FLAC capable as a normal device should be able to in 2020 but the Sonos stuff is S1 so 16/44.1 only? I think you should first investigate if your Sonos stuff is S1 (16 bit) or S2 (high res) otherwise it will be a peculiar mixup of stuff anyway.

I think you mean to "connect Arylic S10 to the Line-IN of the Sonos Connect" so you will be able to play high res material.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.