3.5mm AUX to stereo speakers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
This question is way to complicated for me to try to Google so I thought I'd try here.

I'm making a DIY Bluetooth speaker from woofers, an amp, and a Bluetooth card. The audio goes from my phone to Bluetooth card, to amp then to speakers. However, the only way to connect the bluetooth card to the amp is over 3.5mm AUX, and I'm struggling to figure out how to do this.

On the bletooth card there are 2 positive and negative ports (origionally sdesigned to go straight to speakers, but there going to an amp first now bevase the speakers are bigger.)

So does anyone have any suggestions on how to wire a set of stereo speakers to an AUX port? This AUX port was a solution to another problem someone here solved for me so I think it should be possible. Thank you in advance. (Also the amp will be here tomorrow so I'd like to get started)

I'm finding your description of your requirements a bit confusing, but I'll give your post a nudge.

Do you want the output of a bluetooth adaptor to go to a 3.5mm AUX port on an amplifier?

Perhaps a photo of the "2 positive and negative ports" on the bluetooth device would help.

You don't happen to mean two RCA sockets, do you?

Bigger speakers don't necessarily need a bigger amp.
However, post a picture or details of the amp as well.
Please be clearer on the final question - either better description or photos if you can't explain.
Please advise if speakers are 'active' ie integral amp like typical computer speakers or 'passive' like hi-fi speakers made to be driven by an external amplifier.

Sometimes my patience astounds me.:eek:

I'm finding your description of your requirements a bit confusing, but I'll give your post a nudge.

Do you want the output of a bluetooth adaptor to go to a 3.5mm AUX port on an amplifier?

Perhaps a photo of the "2 positive and negative ports" on the bluetooth device would help.

You don't happen to mean two RCA sockets, do you?

Yes sorry for the confusing thread. Yes, the output of a Bluetooth adaptor to go to a 3.5mm AUX port on an amplifier. I don't know how to upload an image on this site it's just 2 ports with red and black wires for left and right speakers that I need to plug into a 3.5mm socket. However, I'm not sure how to convert the output of the bluetooth board to 3.5mm. Hope this makes sense! And no, I don't mean RCA.

Bigger speakers don't necessarily need a bigger amp.
However, post a picture or details of the amp as well.
Please be clearer on the final question - either better description or photos if you can't explain.
Please advise if speakers are 'active' ie integral amp like typical computer speakers or 'passive' like hi-fi speakers made to be driven by an external amplifier.

Sometimes my patience astounds me.:eek:

The Bluetooth board outputs 2 2.5 watts. The speakers are each 50 watts. I ordered a cheap x2 20-watt amp but the board outputs in 2 red and black speaker wire ports and the amp inputs in 3.5mm AUX so I need to find a way to convert the L/R red and black output to 3.5mm AUX, hopefully that makes more sense.

If your 20-watt amplifier comes with gain/volume control, you can simply connect the Bluetooth board L/R red and black output to 3.5mm AUX input via screw terminal 3.5mm plug.

AJX6_1_201903291746301607.jpg
3.5mm-male-plug.jpg
5P-dXUpDfmnLn0Cxvsu4NeKzDSC0fzQted5_l_S0kQaOBBDEmr2HWa48UxdNQsn6BMZIVRgoEXSVydAN9KOKXUJUE560k17k9m47rEF_gUvIn6sMVwgHfqkFZXnOiOPCq37ThA3A

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.